Mar 5, 2013, 10:19 AM EST
Is there something about LA where people just don’t like waiting for the proper time to talk about the future?
First, it was Ben Howland telling reporters on Saturday night that Shabazz Muhammad had played his last game in Pauley Pavilion. Then on Monday evening, Tim Floyd decided to tell reporters that he had been interviewed by USC despite the fact that his season isn’t yet over at his current job, UTEP. In fact, the Miners play a top 25 opponent at home tonight.
And now, the OC Register is reporting that Kyle Anderson’s father thinks his son is leaning towards coming back to school.
“Kyle has already spoken to me about coming back, and him, Jordan (Adams), and Tony Parker are going to work their butts off and get an apartment, and all that stuff,” Anderson Sr. said. “I do think he’s leaning towards coming back, but with that said, the way he’s playing right now, the mock drafts might not see it or write it, but I think his draft status is moving up with his offensive aggressiveness lately.
“Mentally, he’s prepared to come back.”
Howland said that he plans on using Anderson more as a point if he comes back next season. An excellent ball-handler and passer, Anderson has been forced into the power forward spot by a lack of front court talent on this Bruin team and the fact that Larry Drew II has turned into an all-league caliber player.
We’ve heard this before. We’ve seen players declare their intention to stay in school another year and then bounce to the NBA. The bottom-line: why bother speculating at this point? Let this season finish up, then worry about whether or not Anderson will be back for next season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 1
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)