Mar 5, 2013, 10:19 AM EDT
Is there something about LA where people just don’t like waiting for the proper time to talk about the future?
First, it was Ben Howland telling reporters on Saturday night that Shabazz Muhammad had played his last game in Pauley Pavilion. Then on Monday evening, Tim Floyd decided to tell reporters that he had been interviewed by USC despite the fact that his season isn’t yet over at his current job, UTEP. In fact, the Miners play a top 25 opponent at home tonight.
And now, the OC Register is reporting that Kyle Anderson’s father thinks his son is leaning towards coming back to school.
“Kyle has already spoken to me about coming back, and him, Jordan (Adams), and Tony Parker are going to work their butts off and get an apartment, and all that stuff,” Anderson Sr. said. “I do think he’s leaning towards coming back, but with that said, the way he’s playing right now, the mock drafts might not see it or write it, but I think his draft status is moving up with his offensive aggressiveness lately.
“Mentally, he’s prepared to come back.”
Howland said that he plans on using Anderson more as a point if he comes back next season. An excellent ball-handler and passer, Anderson has been forced into the power forward spot by a lack of front court talent on this Bruin team and the fact that Larry Drew II has turned into an all-league caliber player.
We’ve heard this before. We’ve seen players declare their intention to stay in school another year and then bounce to the NBA. The bottom-line: why bother speculating at this point? Let this season finish up, then worry about whether or not Anderson will be back for next season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)