Mar 5, 2013, 10:19 AM EDT
Is there something about LA where people just don’t like waiting for the proper time to talk about the future?
First, it was Ben Howland telling reporters on Saturday night that Shabazz Muhammad had played his last game in Pauley Pavilion. Then on Monday evening, Tim Floyd decided to tell reporters that he had been interviewed by USC despite the fact that his season isn’t yet over at his current job, UTEP. In fact, the Miners play a top 25 opponent at home tonight.
And now, the OC Register is reporting that Kyle Anderson’s father thinks his son is leaning towards coming back to school.
“Kyle has already spoken to me about coming back, and him, Jordan (Adams), and Tony Parker are going to work their butts off and get an apartment, and all that stuff,” Anderson Sr. said. “I do think he’s leaning towards coming back, but with that said, the way he’s playing right now, the mock drafts might not see it or write it, but I think his draft status is moving up with his offensive aggressiveness lately.
“Mentally, he’s prepared to come back.”
Howland said that he plans on using Anderson more as a point if he comes back next season. An excellent ball-handler and passer, Anderson has been forced into the power forward spot by a lack of front court talent on this Bruin team and the fact that Larry Drew II has turned into an all-league caliber player.
We’ve heard this before. We’ve seen players declare their intention to stay in school another year and then bounce to the NBA. The bottom-line: why bother speculating at this point? Let this season finish up, then worry about whether or not Anderson will be back for next season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)