Mar 5, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
The NBC Sports Network will broadcast the opening round of the Atlantic 10 conference tournament from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., the league announced in a statement Tuesday.
Opening round games will take place on Thursday, March 14. The schedule will look as follows, with seeding in the tournament still to be determined:
No. 8 Seed vs. No. 9 Seed – Noon
No. 5 Seed vs. No. 12 Seed – 2:30 p.m.
No. 7 Seed vs. No. 10 Seed – 6:30 p.m.
No. 6 Seed vs. No. 11 Seed – 9 p.m.
With the inclusion of Butler and Virginia Commonwealth into the A-10 this season, it has proven to be one of the most competitive mid-major conferences in the country. No. 16 Saint Louis currently sits atop the conference with two league games remaining. Butler was ranked in the nation’s Top 10 at one point in the season, and now currently sits in fourth place in the A-10. The Bulldogs are one of five teams with 20+ wins on the season.
Winners of the opening round games will move on to play the No. 1-No. 4 seeds in the quarterfinals on Friday, March 15. The winners of those games will play Saturday in the semifinals, leading into the conference championship game on Sunday, March 17 at 1 p.m. ET.
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)