Mar 5, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
The NBC Sports Network will broadcast the opening round of the Atlantic 10 conference tournament from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., the league announced in a statement Tuesday.
Opening round games will take place on Thursday, March 14. The schedule will look as follows, with seeding in the tournament still to be determined:
No. 8 Seed vs. No. 9 Seed – Noon
No. 5 Seed vs. No. 12 Seed – 2:30 p.m.
No. 7 Seed vs. No. 10 Seed – 6:30 p.m.
No. 6 Seed vs. No. 11 Seed – 9 p.m.
With the inclusion of Butler and Virginia Commonwealth into the A-10 this season, it has proven to be one of the most competitive mid-major conferences in the country. No. 16 Saint Louis currently sits atop the conference with two league games remaining. Butler was ranked in the nation’s Top 10 at one point in the season, and now currently sits in fourth place in the A-10. The Bulldogs are one of five teams with 20+ wins on the season.
Winners of the opening round games will move on to play the No. 1-No. 4 seeds in the quarterfinals on Friday, March 15. The winners of those games will play Saturday in the semifinals, leading into the conference championship game on Sunday, March 17 at 1 p.m. ET.
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)