Mar 5, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
The NBC Sports Network will broadcast the opening round of the Atlantic 10 conference tournament from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., the league announced in a statement Tuesday.
Opening round games will take place on Thursday, March 14. The schedule will look as follows, with seeding in the tournament still to be determined:
No. 8 Seed vs. No. 9 Seed – Noon
No. 5 Seed vs. No. 12 Seed – 2:30 p.m.
No. 7 Seed vs. No. 10 Seed – 6:30 p.m.
No. 6 Seed vs. No. 11 Seed – 9 p.m.
With the inclusion of Butler and Virginia Commonwealth into the A-10 this season, it has proven to be one of the most competitive mid-major conferences in the country. No. 16 Saint Louis currently sits atop the conference with two league games remaining. Butler was ranked in the nation’s Top 10 at one point in the season, and now currently sits in fourth place in the A-10. The Bulldogs are one of five teams with 20+ wins on the season.
Winners of the opening round games will move on to play the No. 1-No. 4 seeds in the quarterfinals on Friday, March 15. The winners of those games will play Saturday in the semifinals, leading into the conference championship game on Sunday, March 17 at 1 p.m. ET.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)