Mar 5, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
The NBC Sports Network will broadcast the opening round of the Atlantic 10 conference tournament from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., the league announced in a statement Tuesday.
Opening round games will take place on Thursday, March 14. The schedule will look as follows, with seeding in the tournament still to be determined:
No. 8 Seed vs. No. 9 Seed – Noon
No. 5 Seed vs. No. 12 Seed – 2:30 p.m.
No. 7 Seed vs. No. 10 Seed – 6:30 p.m.
No. 6 Seed vs. No. 11 Seed – 9 p.m.
With the inclusion of Butler and Virginia Commonwealth into the A-10 this season, it has proven to be one of the most competitive mid-major conferences in the country. No. 16 Saint Louis currently sits atop the conference with two league games remaining. Butler was ranked in the nation’s Top 10 at one point in the season, and now currently sits in fourth place in the A-10. The Bulldogs are one of five teams with 20+ wins on the season.
Winners of the opening round games will move on to play the No. 1-No. 4 seeds in the quarterfinals on Friday, March 15. The winners of those games will play Saturday in the semifinals, leading into the conference championship game on Sunday, March 17 at 1 p.m. ET.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)