Mar 5, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
The NBC Sports Network will broadcast the opening round of the Atlantic 10 conference tournament from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., the league announced in a statement Tuesday.
Opening round games will take place on Thursday, March 14. The schedule will look as follows, with seeding in the tournament still to be determined:
No. 8 Seed vs. No. 9 Seed – Noon
No. 5 Seed vs. No. 12 Seed – 2:30 p.m.
No. 7 Seed vs. No. 10 Seed – 6:30 p.m.
No. 6 Seed vs. No. 11 Seed – 9 p.m.
With the inclusion of Butler and Virginia Commonwealth into the A-10 this season, it has proven to be one of the most competitive mid-major conferences in the country. No. 16 Saint Louis currently sits atop the conference with two league games remaining. Butler was ranked in the nation’s Top 10 at one point in the season, and now currently sits in fourth place in the A-10. The Bulldogs are one of five teams with 20+ wins on the season.
Winners of the opening round games will move on to play the No. 1-No. 4 seeds in the quarterfinals on Friday, March 15. The winners of those games will play Saturday in the semifinals, leading into the conference championship game on Sunday, March 17 at 1 p.m. ET.
- Gregg Marshall to remain at Wichita State, won’t visit Alabama 1
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 5
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)