Mar 5, 2013, 9:54 PM EDT
Notre Dame led by 26 points against St. John’s with under two minutes to play Tuesday when Jack Cooley was being subbed out of the game for the final time on Senior Night.
As he walked toward the bench to make the substitution, a fight between St. John’s sophomore Sir’Dominic Pointer and Notre Dame freshman Cameron Biedscheid broke out near mid-court and Cooley and other teammates from both sides got in the middle to try to separate the two players.
Pointer and Biedscheid were seen during an earlier free throw pushing each other and some words could have been exchanged prior to the fight. As far as lasting implications, rules dictate that a player who is ejected for fighting is forced to sit out the following game.
St. John’s sophomore Amir Garrett was also ejected for leaving the bench in what appeared to be an attempt to break up the fight. Players who are on the bench are not permitted to leave the sideline during such an altercation.
Watch the video below:
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)