Mar 5, 2013, 9:54 PM EDT
Notre Dame led by 26 points against St. John’s with under two minutes to play Tuesday when Jack Cooley was being subbed out of the game for the final time on Senior Night.
As he walked toward the bench to make the substitution, a fight between St. John’s sophomore Sir’Dominic Pointer and Notre Dame freshman Cameron Biedscheid broke out near mid-court and Cooley and other teammates from both sides got in the middle to try to separate the two players.
Pointer and Biedscheid were seen during an earlier free throw pushing each other and some words could have been exchanged prior to the fight. As far as lasting implications, rules dictate that a player who is ejected for fighting is forced to sit out the following game.
St. John’s sophomore Amir Garrett was also ejected for leaving the bench in what appeared to be an attempt to break up the fight. Players who are on the bench are not permitted to leave the sideline during such an altercation.
Watch the video below:
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 1
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 3
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights