Mar 5, 2013, 9:54 PM EDT
Notre Dame led by 26 points against St. John’s with under two minutes to play Tuesday when Jack Cooley was being subbed out of the game for the final time on Senior Night.
As he walked toward the bench to make the substitution, a fight between St. John’s sophomore Sir’Dominic Pointer and Notre Dame freshman Cameron Biedscheid broke out near mid-court and Cooley and other teammates from both sides got in the middle to try to separate the two players.
Pointer and Biedscheid were seen during an earlier free throw pushing each other and some words could have been exchanged prior to the fight. As far as lasting implications, rules dictate that a player who is ejected for fighting is forced to sit out the following game.
St. John’s sophomore Amir Garrett was also ejected for leaving the bench in what appeared to be an attempt to break up the fight. Players who are on the bench are not permitted to leave the sideline during such an altercation.
Watch the video below:
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)