Mar 5, 2013, 12:15 PM EST
Brittney Griner cemented her legacy as the greatest women’s college basketball player of all-time on Monday night.
On her senior night, the 6-foot-8 Griner not only scored a Big 12 record 50 points on 21-28 shooting, but she threw down one of the more impressive dunks of her illustrious career, dropping stepping on and finishing over some helpless Kansas State defender:
You want a sign of just how good Griner is? There are only two things I find surprising about her performance: that she’s never scored 50 before, and that she only finished with six rebounds in the game.
Griner is now the second all-time leading scorer in women’s basketball history with 3,123 career points. Jackie Stiles is the record-holder at 3,393, a number that Griner has a chance to get to if she continues to play like this.
There aren’t a lot people that pay close attention to the women’s game, but anyone that’s a fan of sports can appreciate greatness when they see it. We may never see a basketball player as dominant as Griner at the college level again, whether on the men’s or women’s side.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)