Mar 5, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
Brittney Griner cemented her legacy as the greatest women’s college basketball player of all-time on Monday night.
On her senior night, the 6-foot-8 Griner not only scored a Big 12 record 50 points on 21-28 shooting, but she threw down one of the more impressive dunks of her illustrious career, dropping stepping on and finishing over some helpless Kansas State defender:
You want a sign of just how good Griner is? There are only two things I find surprising about her performance: that she’s never scored 50 before, and that she only finished with six rebounds in the game.
Griner is now the second all-time leading scorer in women’s basketball history with 3,123 career points. Jackie Stiles is the record-holder at 3,393, a number that Griner has a chance to get to if she continues to play like this.
There aren’t a lot people that pay close attention to the women’s game, but anyone that’s a fan of sports can appreciate greatness when they see it. We may never see a basketball player as dominant as Griner at the college level again, whether on the men’s or women’s side.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)