Mar 6, 2013, 6:47 PM EDT
Under Armour continually supplies Maryland with newly designed alternate uniforms and Wednesday, the Terrapins will unveil new “White Ops” jerseys for their matchup with North Carolina at the Comcast Center in College Park, Md.
We’ve seen the Maryland football team sport this white jersey arrangement but this basketball arrangement is pretty sharp, too. We see the typical Maryland yellow and black checkered pattern around the arm cut-outs and the high-top shoes add a nice touch. But the Terrapins will be focusing less on what they’re wearing and more on what they need to do Wednesday against UNC.
Maryland comes into the game having split the last six games and reaching peaks like a win over No. 2 Duke, then an immediate valley with a loss to Boston College. The Terrapins are still holding on to NCAA tournament hopes and are helped along by losses by other bubble teams, including Ole Miss’ loss to Mississippi State and Boise State’s inability to capitalize in a loss to UNLV.
They meet a surging North Carolina team Wednesday that has won five straight games and has all but cemented a spot in the NCAA tournament. Much of that success has been attributed to the smaller lineup put in place by Tar Heels’ coach Roy Williams.
Carolina’s smaller lineup should contrast with Maryland, who typically plays a traditional front court with Alex Len at center and either Padgett, Shaquille Cleare or Charles MItchell at power forward. When Maryland faced a similar small lineup against Virginia, the Terps seemed out of sync for much of the game and suffered a deflating 80-69 home loss.
Tip off is at 7 p.m. ET.
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)