Mar 6, 2013, 6:47 PM EST
Under Armour continually supplies Maryland with newly designed alternate uniforms and Wednesday, the Terrapins will unveil new “White Ops” jerseys for their matchup with North Carolina at the Comcast Center in College Park, Md.
We’ve seen the Maryland football team sport this white jersey arrangement but this basketball arrangement is pretty sharp, too. We see the typical Maryland yellow and black checkered pattern around the arm cut-outs and the high-top shoes add a nice touch. But the Terrapins will be focusing less on what they’re wearing and more on what they need to do Wednesday against UNC.
Maryland comes into the game having split the last six games and reaching peaks like a win over No. 2 Duke, then an immediate valley with a loss to Boston College. The Terrapins are still holding on to NCAA tournament hopes and are helped along by losses by other bubble teams, including Ole Miss’ loss to Mississippi State and Boise State’s inability to capitalize in a loss to UNLV.
They meet a surging North Carolina team Wednesday that has won five straight games and has all but cemented a spot in the NCAA tournament. Much of that success has been attributed to the smaller lineup put in place by Tar Heels’ coach Roy Williams.
Carolina’s smaller lineup should contrast with Maryland, who typically plays a traditional front court with Alex Len at center and either Padgett, Shaquille Cleare or Charles MItchell at power forward. When Maryland faced a similar small lineup against Virginia, the Terps seemed out of sync for much of the game and suffered a deflating 80-69 home loss.
Tip off is at 7 p.m. ET.
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 1
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (10)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (8)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)