Mar 6, 2013, 6:47 PM EST
Under Armour continually supplies Maryland with newly designed alternate uniforms and Wednesday, the Terrapins will unveil new “White Ops” jerseys for their matchup with North Carolina at the Comcast Center in College Park, Md.
We’ve seen the Maryland football team sport this white jersey arrangement but this basketball arrangement is pretty sharp, too. We see the typical Maryland yellow and black checkered pattern around the arm cut-outs and the high-top shoes add a nice touch. But the Terrapins will be focusing less on what they’re wearing and more on what they need to do Wednesday against UNC.
Maryland comes into the game having split the last six games and reaching peaks like a win over No. 2 Duke, then an immediate valley with a loss to Boston College. The Terrapins are still holding on to NCAA tournament hopes and are helped along by losses by other bubble teams, including Ole Miss’ loss to Mississippi State and Boise State’s inability to capitalize in a loss to UNLV.
They meet a surging North Carolina team Wednesday that has won five straight games and has all but cemented a spot in the NCAA tournament. Much of that success has been attributed to the smaller lineup put in place by Tar Heels’ coach Roy Williams.
Carolina’s smaller lineup should contrast with Maryland, who typically plays a traditional front court with Alex Len at center and either Padgett, Shaquille Cleare or Charles MItchell at power forward. When Maryland faced a similar small lineup against Virginia, the Terps seemed out of sync for much of the game and suffered a deflating 80-69 home loss.
Tip off is at 7 p.m. ET.
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 0
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)