Mar 7, 2013, 8:24 PM EST
According to a report coming out of Boulder, Colorado forward Andre Roberson had contracted mononucleosis. He will not play not and his status for the Pac-12 tournament is in jeopardy.
Roberson didn’t practice on Tuesday and Thursday’s practice was closed, according to the report. He wasn’t warming up an hour before the game.
Obviously, losing Roberson would be a massive blow to a Colorado team that has yet to lock up a bid to the NCAA tournament. He’s the nation’s leading rebounder and one of the most versatile defenders in the country.
UPDATE: Colorado is apparently calling it a “viral illness”:
The #CUBuffs say the official diagnosis is a “viral illness” and not mono and that Roberson is “day to day.”
— Ryan Thorburn (@RyanThorburn) March 8, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)