Mar 7, 2013, 8:24 PM EDT
According to a report coming out of Boulder, Colorado forward Andre Roberson had contracted mononucleosis. He will not play not and his status for the Pac-12 tournament is in jeopardy.
Roberson didn’t practice on Tuesday and Thursday’s practice was closed, according to the report. He wasn’t warming up an hour before the game.
Obviously, losing Roberson would be a massive blow to a Colorado team that has yet to lock up a bid to the NCAA tournament. He’s the nation’s leading rebounder and one of the most versatile defenders in the country.
UPDATE: Colorado is apparently calling it a “viral illness”:
The #CUBuffs say the official diagnosis is a “viral illness” and not mono and that Roberson is “day to day.”
— Ryan Thorburn (@RyanThorburn) March 8, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 7
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 4
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)