Mar 7, 2013, 8:24 PM EDT
According to a report coming out of Boulder, Colorado forward Andre Roberson had contracted mononucleosis. He will not play not and his status for the Pac-12 tournament is in jeopardy.
Roberson didn’t practice on Tuesday and Thursday’s practice was closed, according to the report. He wasn’t warming up an hour before the game.
Obviously, losing Roberson would be a massive blow to a Colorado team that has yet to lock up a bid to the NCAA tournament. He’s the nation’s leading rebounder and one of the most versatile defenders in the country.
UPDATE: Colorado is apparently calling it a “viral illness”:
The #CUBuffs say the official diagnosis is a “viral illness” and not mono and that Roberson is “day to day.”
— Ryan Thorburn (@RyanThorburn) March 8, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)