Mar 7, 2013, 8:24 PM EDT
According to a report coming out of Boulder, Colorado forward Andre Roberson had contracted mononucleosis. He will not play not and his status for the Pac-12 tournament is in jeopardy.
Roberson didn’t practice on Tuesday and Thursday’s practice was closed, according to the report. He wasn’t warming up an hour before the game.
Obviously, losing Roberson would be a massive blow to a Colorado team that has yet to lock up a bid to the NCAA tournament. He’s the nation’s leading rebounder and one of the most versatile defenders in the country.
UPDATE: Colorado is apparently calling it a “viral illness”:
The #CUBuffs say the official diagnosis is a “viral illness” and not mono and that Roberson is “day to day.”
— Ryan Thorburn (@RyanThorburn) March 8, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2010? 0
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)
- Austin Nichols looking to transfer from Memphis (2)
- Star Kansas freshman Carlton Bragg injured on trip to South Korea (1)