Mar 7, 2013, 8:24 PM EDT
According to a report coming out of Boulder, Colorado forward Andre Roberson had contracted mononucleosis. He will not play not and his status for the Pac-12 tournament is in jeopardy.
Roberson didn’t practice on Tuesday and Thursday’s practice was closed, according to the report. He wasn’t warming up an hour before the game.
Obviously, losing Roberson would be a massive blow to a Colorado team that has yet to lock up a bid to the NCAA tournament. He’s the nation’s leading rebounder and one of the most versatile defenders in the country.
UPDATE: Colorado is apparently calling it a “viral illness”:
The #CUBuffs say the official diagnosis is a “viral illness” and not mono and that Roberson is “day to day.”
— Ryan Thorburn (@RyanThorburn) March 8, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)