Mar 7, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
Nerlens Noel has had some time to kill since getting injured, and apparently, in between rehab sessions and court-side seats at Rupp, the future top five pick has … been rapping?
He released a song called “Number 9″ with a local rapper and Kentucky fan named Wes Grams. And honestly, he’s not bad. His flow is pretty corny, but what do you expect from someone who is a public figure that will be making a living off of endorsements and his public image. He can’t come out like 2 Chainz or Trinidad Jame$, although I do wish he dropped “On instragram straight flexin'” somewhere in that verse.
He did have a couple solid lines, including “Made it to the tourney, so show out Missouri”, which is both an awesome burn and could come back to bite him if the Wildcats happen to miss the tournament.
Noel did do his best to troll the Kentucky fan base, signing off with “I might come back — but I don’t know yet.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ 4
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Watch Stephen Curry put 40 on Gonzaga in the NCAA tournament (VIDEO) (3)
- Five-star power forward Elijah Thomas sets five official visits (3)