Mar 7, 2013, 11:45 AM EST
Nerlens Noel has had some time to kill since getting injured, and apparently, in between rehab sessions and court-side seats at Rupp, the future top five pick has … been rapping?
He released a song called “Number 9″ with a local rapper and Kentucky fan named Wes Grams. And honestly, he’s not bad. His flow is pretty corny, but what do you expect from someone who is a public figure that will be making a living off of endorsements and his public image. He can’t come out like 2 Chainz or Trinidad Jame$, although I do wish he dropped “On instragram straight flexin'” somewhere in that verse.
He did have a couple solid lines, including “Made it to the tourney, so show out Missouri”, which is both an awesome burn and could come back to bite him if the Wildcats happen to miss the tournament.
Noel did do his best to troll the Kentucky fan base, signing off with “I might come back — but I don’t know yet.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)