Mar 7, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
Nerlens Noel has had some time to kill since getting injured, and apparently, in between rehab sessions and court-side seats at Rupp, the future top five pick has … been rapping?
He released a song called “Number 9″ with a local rapper and Kentucky fan named Wes Grams. And honestly, he’s not bad. His flow is pretty corny, but what do you expect from someone who is a public figure that will be making a living off of endorsements and his public image. He can’t come out like 2 Chainz or Trinidad Jame$, although I do wish he dropped “On instragram straight flexin'” somewhere in that verse.
He did have a couple solid lines, including “Made it to the tourney, so show out Missouri”, which is both an awesome burn and could come back to bite him if the Wildcats happen to miss the tournament.
Noel did do his best to troll the Kentucky fan base, signing off with “I might come back — but I don’t know yet.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)