Mar 7, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
Nerlens Noel has had some time to kill since getting injured, and apparently, in between rehab sessions and court-side seats at Rupp, the future top five pick has … been rapping?
He released a song called “Number 9″ with a local rapper and Kentucky fan named Wes Grams. And honestly, he’s not bad. His flow is pretty corny, but what do you expect from someone who is a public figure that will be making a living off of endorsements and his public image. He can’t come out like 2 Chainz or Trinidad Jame$, although I do wish he dropped “On instragram straight flexin’” somewhere in that verse.
He did have a couple solid lines, including “Made it to the tourney, so show out Missouri”, which is both an awesome burn and could come back to bite him if the Wildcats happen to miss the tournament.
Noel did do his best to troll the Kentucky fan base, signing off with “I might come back — but I don’t know yet.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)