Mar 8, 2013, 8:33 PM EDT
The Miami Hurricanes have now lost three of four with the latest loss coming by way of a buzzer beater from Georgia Tech on Wednesday night at home.
The once second-ranked team in the nation has unraveled the past few weeks, and head coach Jim Larranaga believes it could just be the wear and tear of a long season, according to Michelle Kaufman of the Miami Herald. Miami has one more regular season game to get back on track with Saturday afternoon’s home game against Clemson.
“We need to regroup,” said Larranaga. “We need to have a chance to get back physically, mentally and emotionally to a level that we feel good about ourselves.
“We have one game remaining, and we have positioned ourselves to be the No. 1 seed in the ACC Tournament,”
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)