Mar 8, 2013, 8:33 PM EDT
The Miami Hurricanes have now lost three of four with the latest loss coming by way of a buzzer beater from Georgia Tech on Wednesday night at home.
The once second-ranked team in the nation has unraveled the past few weeks, and head coach Jim Larranaga believes it could just be the wear and tear of a long season, according to Michelle Kaufman of the Miami Herald. Miami has one more regular season game to get back on track with Saturday afternoon’s home game against Clemson.
“We need to regroup,” said Larranaga. “We need to have a chance to get back physically, mentally and emotionally to a level that we feel good about ourselves.
“We have one game remaining, and we have positioned ourselves to be the No. 1 seed in the ACC Tournament,”
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2010? 0
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)
- Austin Nichols looking to transfer from Memphis (2)
- Star Kansas freshman Carlton Bragg injured on trip to South Korea (1)