Mar 9, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
The Holland College basketball season almost ended before the Hurricanes pulled a page out of the 1995 Reggie Miller playbook. Holland College trailed by five until Alvin Parker banked a 3-pointer. Steve Hardy came away with the botched in bounds play and hit a three that put the Hurricanes up by a point.
Mount Saint Vincent University couldn’t convert on its final possession and Holland College was able to hold on to the win and advance in the ACAA finals, according to the Yahoo! Sports blog, Eh Game.
Holland College held on to win 58-57.
The insane comeback was so shocking that it limited the play-by-play commentator’s vocabulary.
“If you’re a Hurricanes fan watching right now, you were treated to a treat,” said the play-by-play man.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)