Mar 9, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
The Holland College basketball season almost ended before the Hurricanes pulled a page out of the 1995 Reggie Miller playbook. Holland College trailed by five until Alvin Parker banked a 3-pointer. Steve Hardy came away with the botched in bounds play and hit a three that put the Hurricanes up by a point.
Mount Saint Vincent University couldn’t convert on its final possession and Holland College was able to hold on to the win and advance in the ACAA finals, according to the Yahoo! Sports blog, Eh Game.
Holland College held on to win 58-57.
The insane comeback was so shocking that it limited the play-by-play commentator’s vocabulary.
“If you’re a Hurricanes fan watching right now, you were treated to a treat,” said the play-by-play man.
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)