Mar 9, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
The Holland College basketball season almost ended before the Hurricanes pulled a page out of the 1995 Reggie Miller playbook. Holland College trailed by five until Alvin Parker banked a 3-pointer. Steve Hardy came away with the botched in bounds play and hit a three that put the Hurricanes up by a point.
Mount Saint Vincent University couldn’t convert on its final possession and Holland College was able to hold on to the win and advance in the ACAA finals, according to the Yahoo! Sports blog, Eh Game.
Holland College held on to win 58-57.
The insane comeback was so shocking that it limited the play-by-play commentator’s vocabulary.
“If you’re a Hurricanes fan watching right now, you were treated to a treat,” said the play-by-play man.
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)