Mar 9, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
The Holland College basketball season almost ended before the Hurricanes pulled a page out of the 1995 Reggie Miller playbook. Holland College trailed by five until Alvin Parker banked a 3-pointer. Steve Hardy came away with the botched in bounds play and hit a three that put the Hurricanes up by a point.
Mount Saint Vincent University couldn’t convert on its final possession and Holland College was able to hold on to the win and advance in the ACAA finals, according to the Yahoo! Sports blog, Eh Game.
Holland College held on to win 58-57.
The insane comeback was so shocking that it limited the play-by-play commentator’s vocabulary.
“If you’re a Hurricanes fan watching right now, you were treated to a treat,” said the play-by-play man.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)