Mar 9, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
The Holland College basketball season almost ended before the Hurricanes pulled a page out of the 1995 Reggie Miller playbook. Holland College trailed by five until Alvin Parker banked a 3-pointer. Steve Hardy came away with the botched in bounds play and hit a three that put the Hurricanes up by a point.
Mount Saint Vincent University couldn’t convert on its final possession and Holland College was able to hold on to the win and advance in the ACAA finals, according to the Yahoo! Sports blog, Eh Game.
Holland College held on to win 58-57.
The insane comeback was so shocking that it limited the play-by-play commentator’s vocabulary.
“If you’re a Hurricanes fan watching right now, you were treated to a treat,” said the play-by-play man.
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 2
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 2
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte