Mar 9, 2013, 1:20 AM EDT
Green Bay junior Sultan Muhammad connected on a 3-pointer with 1.7 seconds left to give the Phoenix a 64-63 lead and held Green Bay advance to the Horizon League semifinal where they play top-seeded Valparaiso.
Muhammad took the feed from sophomore Keifer Sykes and hit a critical 3-pointer. It was 1-of-2 threes Muhammad hit during the game. Green Bay plays No. 1 Valpo on Saturday and the winner of that game plays the winner of Detroit/Wright State in the Horizon League conference final.
The 6-foot-2 junior made 3-of-7 shots, including the biggest shot of the game.
Photo courtesy GreenBayPhoenix.com
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)