Mar 9, 2013, 1:20 AM EST
Green Bay junior Sultan Muhammad connected on a 3-pointer with 1.7 seconds left to give the Phoenix a 64-63 lead and held Green Bay advance to the Horizon League semifinal where they play top-seeded Valparaiso.
Muhammad took the feed from sophomore Keifer Sykes and hit a critical 3-pointer. It was 1-of-2 threes Muhammad hit during the game. Green Bay plays No. 1 Valpo on Saturday and the winner of that game plays the winner of Detroit/Wright State in the Horizon League conference final.
The 6-foot-2 junior made 3-of-7 shots, including the biggest shot of the game.
Photo courtesy GreenBayPhoenix.com
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)