Mar 9, 2013, 1:20 AM EDT
Green Bay junior Sultan Muhammad connected on a 3-pointer with 1.7 seconds left to give the Phoenix a 64-63 lead and held Green Bay advance to the Horizon League semifinal where they play top-seeded Valparaiso.
Muhammad took the feed from sophomore Keifer Sykes and hit a critical 3-pointer. It was 1-of-2 threes Muhammad hit during the game. Green Bay plays No. 1 Valpo on Saturday and the winner of that game plays the winner of Detroit/Wright State in the Horizon League conference final.
The 6-foot-2 junior made 3-of-7 shots, including the biggest shot of the game.
Photo courtesy GreenBayPhoenix.com
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 1
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 5
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)