Mar 9, 2013, 1:20 AM EST
Green Bay junior Sultan Muhammad connected on a 3-pointer with 1.7 seconds left to give the Phoenix a 64-63 lead and held Green Bay advance to the Horizon League semifinal where they play top-seeded Valparaiso.
Muhammad took the feed from sophomore Keifer Sykes and hit a critical 3-pointer. It was 1-of-2 threes Muhammad hit during the game. Green Bay plays No. 1 Valpo on Saturday and the winner of that game plays the winner of Detroit/Wright State in the Horizon League conference final.
The 6-foot-2 junior made 3-of-7 shots, including the biggest shot of the game.
Photo courtesy GreenBayPhoenix.com
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 0
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 1
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (5)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)