Mar 9, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
Tyus Jones (Apple Valley High/Apple Valley, Minn.) is not only one of the top guards, but he’s one of the top players in the Class of 2014. The 6-foot-1 point guard that has captivated the state of Minnesota has provided the seven schools remaining in his recruitment in an interview with CBS Minnesota on Friday night.
Jones, in an interview with Mike Max of Minnesota.CBSLocal.com, stated that “Baylor, Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan State, Minnesota, and Ohio State are among the finalists for his services.
“Tyus is a kid that can lead first and foremost,” Apple Valley head coach Zach Goring told CBS Minnesota. “A tremendous basketball player, but a really good kid, too.”
While he’s still one of the highly-touted recruits, Jones and his Apple Valley Eagles are still in the hunt for a Minnesota state title. On Saturday, they take on Cretin-Derham Hall in the sectional semifinals.
Jones has previously visited Kentucky, back in January.
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)