Mar 9, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
Tyus Jones (Apple Valley High/Apple Valley, Minn.) is not only one of the top guards, but he’s one of the top players in the Class of 2014. The 6-foot-1 point guard that has captivated the state of Minnesota has provided the seven schools remaining in his recruitment in an interview with CBS Minnesota on Friday night.
Jones, in an interview with Mike Max of Minnesota.CBSLocal.com, stated that “Baylor, Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan State, Minnesota, and Ohio State are among the finalists for his services.
“Tyus is a kid that can lead first and foremost,” Apple Valley head coach Zach Goring told CBS Minnesota. “A tremendous basketball player, but a really good kid, too.”
While he’s still one of the highly-touted recruits, Jones and his Apple Valley Eagles are still in the hunt for a Minnesota state title. On Saturday, they take on Cretin-Derham Hall in the sectional semifinals.
Jones has previously visited Kentucky, back in January.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)