Mar 9, 2013, 6:00 AM EST
Tyus Jones (Apple Valley High/Apple Valley, Minn.) is not only one of the top guards, but he’s one of the top players in the Class of 2014. The 6-foot-1 point guard that has captivated the state of Minnesota has provided the seven schools remaining in his recruitment in an interview with CBS Minnesota on Friday night.
Jones, in an interview with Mike Max of Minnesota.CBSLocal.com, stated that “Baylor, Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan State, Minnesota, and Ohio State are among the finalists for his services.
“Tyus is a kid that can lead first and foremost,” Apple Valley head coach Zach Goring told CBS Minnesota. “A tremendous basketball player, but a really good kid, too.”
While he’s still one of the highly-touted recruits, Jones and his Apple Valley Eagles are still in the hunt for a Minnesota state title. On Saturday, they take on Cretin-Derham Hall in the sectional semifinals.
Jones has previously visited Kentucky, back in January.
- Weekend Preview: Iowa-Iowa State highlights a rivalry-heavy weekend slate 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Teams 0
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Who are the top five teams as of today? 1
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 1
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Why is Kentucky’s attendance going down? UK writer says Rupp is ‘stale’ (4)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Weekend Preview: Iowa-Iowa State highlights a rivalry-heavy weekend slate (3)
- Late Night Snacks: Rhode Island rivalry and VCU’s overtime (2)