Mar 9, 2013, 6:00 AM EST
Tyus Jones (Apple Valley High/Apple Valley, Minn.) is not only one of the top guards, but he’s one of the top players in the Class of 2014. The 6-foot-1 point guard that has captivated the state of Minnesota has provided the seven schools remaining in his recruitment in an interview with CBS Minnesota on Friday night.
Jones, in an interview with Mike Max of Minnesota.CBSLocal.com, stated that “Baylor, Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan State, Minnesota, and Ohio State are among the finalists for his services.
“Tyus is a kid that can lead first and foremost,” Apple Valley head coach Zach Goring told CBS Minnesota. “A tremendous basketball player, but a really good kid, too.”
While he’s still one of the highly-touted recruits, Jones and his Apple Valley Eagles are still in the hunt for a Minnesota state title. On Saturday, they take on Cretin-Derham Hall in the sectional semifinals.
Jones has previously visited Kentucky, back in January.
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)