Mar 9, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
Tyus Jones (Apple Valley High/Apple Valley, Minn.) is not only one of the top guards, but he’s one of the top players in the Class of 2014. The 6-foot-1 point guard that has captivated the state of Minnesota has provided the seven schools remaining in his recruitment in an interview with CBS Minnesota on Friday night.
Jones, in an interview with Mike Max of Minnesota.CBSLocal.com, stated that “Baylor, Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan State, Minnesota, and Ohio State are among the finalists for his services.
“Tyus is a kid that can lead first and foremost,” Apple Valley head coach Zach Goring told CBS Minnesota. “A tremendous basketball player, but a really good kid, too.”
While he’s still one of the highly-touted recruits, Jones and his Apple Valley Eagles are still in the hunt for a Minnesota state title. On Saturday, they take on Cretin-Derham Hall in the sectional semifinals.
Jones has previously visited Kentucky, back in January.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 22
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (26)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)