Mar 9, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
In terms of pure talent, the Horizon League final seemed destined to be contested by Detroit and Valparaiso.
In reality, this is March, and stuff happens.
The third-seeded Wright State Raiders, called out as a sleeper in our Horizon League tourney preview, kept the game close with defense, and won it with a wild Miles Dixon shot at the buzzer:
Wright State survives and advances to face the winner of the league’s other semifinal matchup between No. 4 seed Green Bay and top seeded Valpo.
Wright State last made the NCAA tournament in 2007 under the leadership of current Clemson head coach Brad Brownell. They’ll need one more win to get there again.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)