Mar 9, 2013, 9:39 PM EST
There’s Kerron Johnson, hitting his second huge shot of the game with 1.2 seconds left to give Belmont, the Ohio Valley’s regular season champion, the conference’s automatic bid in their inaugural season as a member.
Johnson hit a similar shot over Ed Daniel to tie the game — and complete a come back from seven points down with two minutes left — to force the overtime.
Johnson and the OVC’s co-Player of the Year, back court mate Ian Clark, lead a team talented enough to win a game or two in the NCAA tournament.
What hurt, however, is that this is likely the last that we will see of Isaiah Canaan on a college basketball court. The Murray State star, and Clark’s counterpart as the OVC’s best player, was an all-american last season as he led the Racers to a 30-win season and a No. 6 seed in the NCAA Tournament. But this year’s team simply couldn’t overcome the loss of last year’s senior class.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 1
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 2
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)