Mar 9, 2013, 6:07 PM EDT
Alabama blew a 17 point first half lead at home, allowing Georgia to come all the way back to tie the game at 58 in the final minute. On what seemed to be Alabama’s final possession, Trevor Releford turned the ball over, setting up a final possession for the Bulldogs that could very well cost the Crimson Tide a shot at the NCAA tournament.
Well, Releford redeemed himself in a big way:
Anthony Grant’s club still has some work to do in the SEC tournament if they want to lace up their dancing shoes, but the hope is still alive, thanks to a prayer from Releford being answered.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (7)