Mar 10, 2013, 9:10 PM EST
The finish was a controversial one, as a Delaware turnover was followed by a foul call that many watching the CAA tournament semifinal between the Blue Hens and James Madison disagreed with (and a possible missed traveling violation before the foul).
Senior guard Devon Moore hit two free throws with 3.4 seconds remaining to give James Madison the 58-57 victory, advancing the Dukes to the CAA title game against top-seed Northeastern on Monday night (7 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network).
JMU will make their first CAA title game appearance since 1997, and a win would send the Dukes to the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1994. A.J. Davis scored 16 points and Moore added 14 to lead the way for James Madison, but just as important to the comeback (JMU trailed by as many as ten points) was JMU’s defending of Delaware guard Devon Saddler.
Saddler scored just seven points, shooting 3-of-14 from the field, and with fellow guard Kyle Anderson (2-of-10 FG) and Jarvis Threatt (4-of-13 FG) struggling as well this gave JMU a shot at winning late.
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 0
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)