Mar 10, 2013, 9:10 PM EDT
The finish was a controversial one, as a Delaware turnover was followed by a foul call that many watching the CAA tournament semifinal between the Blue Hens and James Madison disagreed with (and a possible missed traveling violation before the foul).
Senior guard Devon Moore hit two free throws with 3.4 seconds remaining to give James Madison the 58-57 victory, advancing the Dukes to the CAA title game against top-seed Northeastern on Monday night (7 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network).
JMU will make their first CAA title game appearance since 1997, and a win would send the Dukes to the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1994. A.J. Davis scored 16 points and Moore added 14 to lead the way for James Madison, but just as important to the comeback (JMU trailed by as many as ten points) was JMU’s defending of Delaware guard Devon Saddler.
Saddler scored just seven points, shooting 3-of-14 from the field, and with fellow guard Kyle Anderson (2-of-10 FG) and Jarvis Threatt (4-of-13 FG) struggling as well this gave JMU a shot at winning late.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:13 PM EDT
Mary Willingham’s lawsuit came to light in early July, with the NCAA deciding to reopen its investigation at around the same time.
Jul 31, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
The explosive shooting guard’s new school is located in Napa, California.
Jul 31, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
The court will be redesigned by the end of the month.
Jul 31, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
There are three: white, black and grey.
Jul 31, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Blackwell is a member of the Class of 2016 but is already hearing from some notable programs.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Where have all the NYC Point Gods gone?
Jul 31, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Brunson is the father of a top 15 recruit and a potential hire for a program in the AAC.
Jul 31, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Wichita State is coming off of a Final Four and an undefeated regular season. What happens if they can’t match that success again?
Jul 31, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
It’s the second time Hill has donated a million to the school
Jul 31, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Mitchell played as well as anyone in the country this July
Jul 31, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
It’s not that strong, but it could have been much worse.
Jul 30, 2014, 10:32 PM EDT
Walker has spent the last 13 seasons at his alma mater.
Jul 30, 2014, 9:32 PM EDT
The highly athletic wing is back on the market, but he’s yet to be cleared academically.
Jul 30, 2014, 8:17 PM EDT
The Bulldogs succeeded in keeping a talented in-state product home.
Jul 30, 2014, 7:12 PM EDT
Mayo’s decision means that Marquette has to replace its top four scorers from last season.
Jul 30, 2014, 6:51 PM EDT
Just over a month after landing a junior college guard, the Rebels have their second commit in the Class of 2015.
Jul 30, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
UCLA is holding out hope that John Wooden Court can be salvaged, but if not they’ll have time to replace it.
Jul 30, 2014, 3:12 PM EDT
Larrier is the best recruit that Shaka Smart has landed at VCU.
Jul 30, 2014, 12:51 PM EDT
After averaging 16.0 points per game as a freshman, the South Plains College guard is looking to become a better lead guard as a sophomore.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:39 AM EDT
It’s Dayton’s third commitment from the Class of 2015
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (2)