Mar 10, 2013, 8:28 PM EDT
There was the feeling heading into the weekend that USC is a team capable of making a run at the Pac-12 tournament, due to their talent and the unpredictable nature of the Pac-12 this season.
Their two losses against Washington and Washington State certainly didn’t back up that argument, but if a report from KREM Television in Spokane, Wash. proves to be true on-court performance will be the least of the Trojans’ worries.
According to the report there may have been an altercation Saturday night in downtown Spokane that involved USC players.
No players are named in the report on the altercation, which resulted in four people being sent to a local hospital for treatment.
Witnesses list several basketball players who may be involved, but officers have yet to confirm any identities.
“I’m not going to guess at why, but there’s no justification for their actions. There’s no reason why,” Noel Macapagal of The Wave on First Avenue said.
At closing time, Macapagal got a call from some employees about a huge fight a block away. He says it was the second fight of the night. The first allegedly started at MarQuee Lounge with the same group of people.
“They were saying they were with USC. They were shouting anti-Spokane rhetoric,” Macapagal said.
Also of note in the story is Macapagal’s reference to a person who is “7-feet, 260 pounds and is the center for USC,” and he also referred to the situation on Facebook.
Police are investigating the allegations and have yet to release any names or determine if charges will be filed.
With Spokane being just over an hour away from Pullman, visiting Pac-12 teams normally stay there and simply drive down for shoot-around and games.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)