Mar 10, 2013, 8:28 PM EST
There was the feeling heading into the weekend that USC is a team capable of making a run at the Pac-12 tournament, due to their talent and the unpredictable nature of the Pac-12 this season.
Their two losses against Washington and Washington State certainly didn’t back up that argument, but if a report from KREM Television in Spokane, Wash. proves to be true on-court performance will be the least of the Trojans’ worries.
According to the report there may have been an altercation Saturday night in downtown Spokane that involved USC players.
No players are named in the report on the altercation, which resulted in four people being sent to a local hospital for treatment.
Witnesses list several basketball players who may be involved, but officers have yet to confirm any identities.
“I’m not going to guess at why, but there’s no justification for their actions. There’s no reason why,” Noel Macapagal of The Wave on First Avenue said.
At closing time, Macapagal got a call from some employees about a huge fight a block away. He says it was the second fight of the night. The first allegedly started at MarQuee Lounge with the same group of people.
“They were saying they were with USC. They were shouting anti-Spokane rhetoric,” Macapagal said.
Also of note in the story is Macapagal’s reference to a person who is “7-feet, 260 pounds and is the center for USC,” and he also referred to the situation on Facebook.
Police are investigating the allegations and have yet to release any names or determine if charges will be filed.
With Spokane being just over an hour away from Pullman, visiting Pac-12 teams normally stay there and simply drive down for shoot-around and games.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)