Mar 10, 2013, 8:28 PM EDT
There was the feeling heading into the weekend that USC is a team capable of making a run at the Pac-12 tournament, due to their talent and the unpredictable nature of the Pac-12 this season.
Their two losses against Washington and Washington State certainly didn’t back up that argument, but if a report from KREM Television in Spokane, Wash. proves to be true on-court performance will be the least of the Trojans’ worries.
According to the report there may have been an altercation Saturday night in downtown Spokane that involved USC players.
No players are named in the report on the altercation, which resulted in four people being sent to a local hospital for treatment.
Witnesses list several basketball players who may be involved, but officers have yet to confirm any identities.
“I’m not going to guess at why, but there’s no justification for their actions. There’s no reason why,” Noel Macapagal of The Wave on First Avenue said.
At closing time, Macapagal got a call from some employees about a huge fight a block away. He says it was the second fight of the night. The first allegedly started at MarQuee Lounge with the same group of people.
“They were saying they were with USC. They were shouting anti-Spokane rhetoric,” Macapagal said.
Also of note in the story is Macapagal’s reference to a person who is “7-feet, 260 pounds and is the center for USC,” and he also referred to the situation on Facebook.
Police are investigating the allegations and have yet to release any names or determine if charges will be filed.
With Spokane being just over an hour away from Pullman, visiting Pac-12 teams normally stay there and simply drive down for shoot-around and games.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)