Mar 10, 2013, 6:20 PM EST
Northeastern trailed 31-7 with 3:36 to play in the first half Sunday in the CAA tournament semifinals in Richmond. Over the next 6:40 of game time, the Huskies ripped off a 26-2 run to tie the game at 33.
Jonathan Lee, the team’s second-leading scorer in the regular season, led the way with 14 points, but no two more important than the layup with just over three seconds to play to secure the 69-67 victory and help the Huskies advance to the the CAA final.
UPDATE: Northeastern will play James Madison in the title game on Monday (7 p.m. on NBC Sports Network.)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 0
- Bubble Banter: Who will close out the regular season with a bid-earning win? 0
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 5
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)