Mar 10, 2013, 6:20 PM EDT
Northeastern trailed 31-7 with 3:36 to play in the first half Sunday in the CAA tournament semifinals in Richmond. Over the next 6:40 of game time, the Huskies ripped off a 26-2 run to tie the game at 33.
Jonathan Lee, the team’s second-leading scorer in the regular season, led the way with 14 points, but no two more important than the layup with just over three seconds to play to secure the 69-67 victory and help the Huskies advance to the the CAA final.
UPDATE: Northeastern will play James Madison in the title game on Monday (7 p.m. on NBC Sports Network.)
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)