Mar 10, 2013, 6:20 PM EDT
Northeastern trailed 31-7 with 3:36 to play in the first half Sunday in the CAA tournament semifinals in Richmond. Over the next 6:40 of game time, the Huskies ripped off a 26-2 run to tie the game at 33.
Jonathan Lee, the team’s second-leading scorer in the regular season, led the way with 14 points, but no two more important than the layup with just over three seconds to play to secure the 69-67 victory and help the Huskies advance to the the CAA final.
UPDATE: Northeastern will play James Madison in the title game on Monday (7 p.m. on NBC Sports Network.)
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)