Mar 10, 2013, 6:20 PM EDT
Northeastern trailed 31-7 with 3:36 to play in the first half Sunday in the CAA tournament semifinals in Richmond. Over the next 6:40 of game time, the Huskies ripped off a 26-2 run to tie the game at 33.
Jonathan Lee, the team’s second-leading scorer in the regular season, led the way with 14 points, but no two more important than the layup with just over three seconds to play to secure the 69-67 victory and help the Huskies advance to the the CAA final.
UPDATE: Northeastern will play James Madison in the title game on Monday (7 p.m. on NBC Sports Network.)
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)