Mar 10, 2013, 6:20 PM EDT
Northeastern trailed 31-7 with 3:36 to play in the first half Sunday in the CAA tournament semifinals in Richmond. Over the next 6:40 of game time, the Huskies ripped off a 26-2 run to tie the game at 33.
Jonathan Lee, the team’s second-leading scorer in the regular season, led the way with 14 points, but no two more important than the layup with just over three seconds to play to secure the 69-67 victory and help the Huskies advance to the the CAA final.
UPDATE: Northeastern will play James Madison in the title game on Monday (7 p.m. on NBC Sports Network.)
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1