Mar 11, 2013, 11:38 PM EDT
James Madison has had some pretty wild endings this season, both good and bad. But on Monday night, they finished with their best flurry of the season, taking the automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament with a 70-57 victory over Northeastern in the finals of the Colonial Athletic Conference Tournament.
It’s the Dukes first tournament appearance since 1994.
A.J. Davis finished with 26 points on 8-for-13 shooting in the win for Jame Madison. The Dukes also out-rebounded the Huskies 36-25.
You can find more coverage from James Madison’s victory at caasports.com, starting with this interview of Rayshawn Goins.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 5
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 9
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 4
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- More than 200,000 UConn fans show up for parade in Hartford (VIDEO/PHOTOS) 0
- Duke’s Jabari Parker will discuss options with Mike Krzyzewski next week 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (8)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)