Mar 11, 2013, 11:38 PM EDT
James Madison has had some pretty wild endings this season, both good and bad. But on Monday night, they finished with their best flurry of the season, taking the automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament with a 70-57 victory over Northeastern in the finals of the Colonial Athletic Conference Tournament.
It’s the Dukes first tournament appearance since 1994.
A.J. Davis finished with 26 points on 8-for-13 shooting in the win for Jame Madison. The Dukes also out-rebounded the Huskies 36-25.
You can find more coverage from James Madison’s victory at caasports.com, starting with this interview of Rayshawn Goins.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)