Mar 11, 2013, 11:38 PM EST
James Madison has had some pretty wild endings this season, both good and bad. But on Monday night, they finished with their best flurry of the season, taking the automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament with a 70-57 victory over Northeastern in the finals of the Colonial Athletic Conference Tournament.
It’s the Dukes first tournament appearance since 1994.
A.J. Davis finished with 26 points on 8-for-13 shooting in the win for Jame Madison. The Dukes also out-rebounded the Huskies 36-25.
You can find more coverage from James Madison’s victory at caasports.com, starting with this interview of Rayshawn Goins.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 0
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 1
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 2
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 2
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 2
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)