Mar 11, 2013, 11:38 PM EDT
James Madison has had some pretty wild endings this season, both good and bad. But on Monday night, they finished with their best flurry of the season, taking the automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament with a 70-57 victory over Northeastern in the finals of the Colonial Athletic Conference Tournament.
It’s the Dukes first tournament appearance since 1994.
A.J. Davis finished with 26 points on 8-for-13 shooting in the win for Jame Madison. The Dukes also out-rebounded the Huskies 36-25.
You can find more coverage from James Madison’s victory at caasports.com, starting with this interview of Rayshawn Goins.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 0
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games