Mar 11, 2013, 11:38 PM EDT
James Madison has had some pretty wild endings this season, both good and bad. But on Monday night, they finished with their best flurry of the season, taking the automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament with a 70-57 victory over Northeastern in the finals of the Colonial Athletic Conference Tournament.
It’s the Dukes first tournament appearance since 1994.
A.J. Davis finished with 26 points on 8-for-13 shooting in the win for Jame Madison. The Dukes also out-rebounded the Huskies 36-25.
You can find more coverage from James Madison’s victory at caasports.com, starting with this interview of Rayshawn Goins.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Indiana head coach Tom Crean laments team’s lack of leadership (1)
- Former Butler forward Andrew Smith fighting cancer for second time (1)