Mar 11, 2013, 9:07 PM EDT
Read through the rest of the Cheat Sheets here.
Coach: Bob McKillop
Record: 26-7, 17-1
Rankings and Ratings:
- Kenpom: 66
– RPI: 75
– AP/USA Today: N/A
Seeding?: Our Dave Ommen had Davidson as a No. 13 seed in Monday’s bracket projection.
Names you need to know: Jake Cohen (14.9 ppg, 5.5 rpg), De’Mon Brooks (13.5 ppg, 6.1 rpg)
Stats you need to know: The Wildcats are as balanced as any team that you are going to come across. Six players average between 7.9 points and 14.9 points. They are a veteran group that has played together for a few years.
Tendencies: As you might expect out of a Bob McKillop-coached team, Davidson is a very good offensive team. They don’t have a ton of explosive scorers, rather they have two excellent forwards in Cohen and Brooks and surround them with a group of knockdown jumpshooters. They execute as well offensively as anyone in the country.
Big wins, bad losses: Davidson whiffed on a couple of chances to land a marquee win in the non-conference, and their wins over Vanderbilt and West Virginia just aren’t good wins this season.
How’d they get here?: The Wildcats rolled through the SoCon regular season and knocked off Charleston in the conference title game.
Outlook: Davidson is a very, very dangerous team. They’ve been to the tournament before. Their coach has had success here before (hello, Steph Curry). They’re a veteran group that knows how to play basketball and has beaten some of the best teams in the country (hello, Kansas last season). They execute offensively as well as any team in the country. With the right matchup, Davidson could be this year’s Sweet 16 mid-major darling. They haven’t lost since January 14th.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)