Mar 11, 2013, 9:15 AM EST
Tom Crean was fired up after winning the outright Big Ten title when Jordan Morgan’s tip-in rolled off the rim on Sunday night.
He shed some tears with Victor Oladipo, he hugged seemingly everyone in sight, and he didn’t hesitate to go give former Indiana assistant Jeff Meyer a piece of his mind after the game.
Meyer was an assistant on Kelvin Sampson’s staff with the Hoosiers. While he was cleared of any wrongdoing by the NCAA, he was there when Indiana couldn’t stop making phone calls to recruits. The sanctions the program received from those violations devastated Indiana basketball and played a huge part in why Crean had to essentially rebuild Indiana from the ground up.
“You know what you did. You helped wreck our program,” Crean yelled at Meyer. Here’s the video:
The coaching staffs of Indiana and Michigan don’t get along as it is. I’m sure this will help smooth things over between them.
UPDATE: Crean called Meyer and apologized before flying home:
Crean on Big Ten call says he’s talked to Jeff Meyer and apologized for what happened after the game yesterday. #iubb
— Alex Bozich (@insidethehall) March 11, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 5
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)