Mar 11, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
Tom Crean was fired up after winning the outright Big Ten title when Jordan Morgan’s tip-in rolled off the rim on Sunday night.
He shed some tears with Victor Oladipo, he hugged seemingly everyone in sight, and he didn’t hesitate to go give former Indiana assistant Jeff Meyer a piece of his mind after the game.
Meyer was an assistant on Kelvin Sampson’s staff with the Hoosiers. While he was cleared of any wrongdoing by the NCAA, he was there when Indiana couldn’t stop making phone calls to recruits. The sanctions the program received from those violations devastated Indiana basketball and played a huge part in why Crean had to essentially rebuild Indiana from the ground up.
“You know what you did. You helped wreck our program,” Crean yelled at Meyer. Here’s the video:
The coaching staffs of Indiana and Michigan don’t get along as it is. I’m sure this will help smooth things over between them.
UPDATE: Crean called Meyer and apologized before flying home:
Crean on Big Ten call says he’s talked to Jeff Meyer and apologized for what happened after the game yesterday. #iubb
— Alex Bozich (@insidethehall) March 11, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Colorado State finds difficulty scheduling good non-conference games (1)
- Notre Dame freshman Rex Pflueger throws down some impressive dunks (VIDEO) (1)