Mar 11, 2013, 9:15 AM EST
Tom Crean was fired up after winning the outright Big Ten title when Jordan Morgan’s tip-in rolled off the rim on Sunday night.
He shed some tears with Victor Oladipo, he hugged seemingly everyone in sight, and he didn’t hesitate to go give former Indiana assistant Jeff Meyer a piece of his mind after the game.
Meyer was an assistant on Kelvin Sampson’s staff with the Hoosiers. While he was cleared of any wrongdoing by the NCAA, he was there when Indiana couldn’t stop making phone calls to recruits. The sanctions the program received from those violations devastated Indiana basketball and played a huge part in why Crean had to essentially rebuild Indiana from the ground up.
“You know what you did. You helped wreck our program,” Crean yelled at Meyer. Here’s the video:
The coaching staffs of Indiana and Michigan don’t get along as it is. I’m sure this will help smooth things over between them.
UPDATE: Crean called Meyer and apologized before flying home:
Crean on Big Ten call says he’s talked to Jeff Meyer and apologized for what happened after the game yesterday. #iubb
— Alex Bozich (@insidethehall) March 11, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 1
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (8)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)