Mar 11, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
Tom Crean was fired up after winning the outright Big Ten title when Jordan Morgan’s tip-in rolled off the rim on Sunday night.
He shed some tears with Victor Oladipo, he hugged seemingly everyone in sight, and he didn’t hesitate to go give former Indiana assistant Jeff Meyer a piece of his mind after the game.
Meyer was an assistant on Kelvin Sampson’s staff with the Hoosiers. While he was cleared of any wrongdoing by the NCAA, he was there when Indiana couldn’t stop making phone calls to recruits. The sanctions the program received from those violations devastated Indiana basketball and played a huge part in why Crean had to essentially rebuild Indiana from the ground up.
“You know what you did. You helped wreck our program,” Crean yelled at Meyer. Here’s the video:
The coaching staffs of Indiana and Michigan don’t get along as it is. I’m sure this will help smooth things over between them.
UPDATE: Crean called Meyer and apologized before flying home:
Crean on Big Ten call says he’s talked to Jeff Meyer and apologized for what happened after the game yesterday. #iubb
— Alex Bozich (@insidethehall) March 11, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 4
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (4)