Mar 11, 2013, 9:15 AM EST
Tom Crean was fired up after winning the outright Big Ten title when Jordan Morgan’s tip-in rolled off the rim on Sunday night.
He shed some tears with Victor Oladipo, he hugged seemingly everyone in sight, and he didn’t hesitate to go give former Indiana assistant Jeff Meyer a piece of his mind after the game.
Meyer was an assistant on Kelvin Sampson’s staff with the Hoosiers. While he was cleared of any wrongdoing by the NCAA, he was there when Indiana couldn’t stop making phone calls to recruits. The sanctions the program received from those violations devastated Indiana basketball and played a huge part in why Crean had to essentially rebuild Indiana from the ground up.
“You know what you did. You helped wreck our program,” Crean yelled at Meyer. Here’s the video:
The coaching staffs of Indiana and Michigan don’t get along as it is. I’m sure this will help smooth things over between them.
UPDATE: Crean called Meyer and apologized before flying home:
Crean on Big Ten call says he’s talked to Jeff Meyer and apologized for what happened after the game yesterday. #iubb
— Alex Bozich (@insidethehall) March 11, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 1
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 0
- Shabazz Napier hits game-winner, runs out of the arena (VIDEO) 0
- Coach K not a fan of the fascination with one-and-done freshmen (6)
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 5 Oklahoma State’s win over Purdue exemplifies issues with new foul rules (3)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)