Mar 12, 2013, 7:30 AM EDT
Some players celebrate winning a conference championship by dancing. Others just go crazy, get emotional or soak it all in with teammates and fans.
Western Kentucky’s Brandon Harris plays Owl City’s “Vanilla Twilight” to a hotel bar full of the Hilltopper faithful.
The 6-1, 170-pound junior is in his first season with WKU after transferring from Otero (Colo.) Junior College this summer. He averages 8.2 points, 5.6 rebounds and two assists. He had 12 points, hitting 4-of-7 threes, in the Toppers 65-63 win over Florida International to wrap-up their second straight Sun Belt tournament title.
Then he did this.
Gotta love a multi-talented player. Harris is a great story. After starting at NAIA Northwest Oklahoma State, he was convinced he could play Division I. So after a year in junior college, he got an offer from WKU.
From shooting three’s to serenading fans. Hilltopper basketball, where apparently, the show never ends.
Video courtesy of Jason Martin
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- Aaron Gordon: ‘Whatever Coach Miller wants me to play, I’ll play it.’ 0
- Bruce Pearl could have starred in Welcome Back, Kotter in the 1970s 0
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL