Mar 12, 2013, 7:30 AM EDT
Some players celebrate winning a conference championship by dancing. Others just go crazy, get emotional or soak it all in with teammates and fans.
Western Kentucky’s Brandon Harris plays Owl City’s “Vanilla Twilight” to a hotel bar full of the Hilltopper faithful.
The 6-1, 170-pound junior is in his first season with WKU after transferring from Otero (Colo.) Junior College this summer. He averages 8.2 points, 5.6 rebounds and two assists. He had 12 points, hitting 4-of-7 threes, in the Toppers 65-63 win over Florida International to wrap-up their second straight Sun Belt tournament title.
Then he did this.
Gotta love a multi-talented player. Harris is a great story. After starting at NAIA Northwest Oklahoma State, he was convinced he could play Division I. So after a year in junior college, he got an offer from WKU.
From shooting three’s to serenading fans. Hilltopper basketball, where apparently, the show never ends.
Video courtesy of Jason Martin
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)