Mar 12, 2013, 7:30 AM EDT
Some players celebrate winning a conference championship by dancing. Others just go crazy, get emotional or soak it all in with teammates and fans.
Western Kentucky’s Brandon Harris plays Owl City’s “Vanilla Twilight” to a hotel bar full of the Hilltopper faithful.
The 6-1, 170-pound junior is in his first season with WKU after transferring from Otero (Colo.) Junior College this summer. He averages 8.2 points, 5.6 rebounds and two assists. He had 12 points, hitting 4-of-7 threes, in the Toppers 65-63 win over Florida International to wrap-up their second straight Sun Belt tournament title.
Then he did this.
Gotta love a multi-talented player. Harris is a great story. After starting at NAIA Northwest Oklahoma State, he was convinced he could play Division I. So after a year in junior college, he got an offer from WKU.
From shooting three’s to serenading fans. Hilltopper basketball, where apparently, the show never ends.
Video courtesy of Jason Martin
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0