Mar 12, 2013, 7:30 AM EDT
Some players celebrate winning a conference championship by dancing. Others just go crazy, get emotional or soak it all in with teammates and fans.
Western Kentucky’s Brandon Harris plays Owl City’s “Vanilla Twilight” to a hotel bar full of the Hilltopper faithful.
The 6-1, 170-pound junior is in his first season with WKU after transferring from Otero (Colo.) Junior College this summer. He averages 8.2 points, 5.6 rebounds and two assists. He had 12 points, hitting 4-of-7 threes, in the Toppers 65-63 win over Florida International to wrap-up their second straight Sun Belt tournament title.
Then he did this.
Gotta love a multi-talented player. Harris is a great story. After starting at NAIA Northwest Oklahoma State, he was convinced he could play Division I. So after a year in junior college, he got an offer from WKU.
From shooting three’s to serenading fans. Hilltopper basketball, where apparently, the show never ends.
Video courtesy of Jason Martin
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0