Mar 12, 2013, 7:30 AM EDT
Some players celebrate winning a conference championship by dancing. Others just go crazy, get emotional or soak it all in with teammates and fans.
Western Kentucky’s Brandon Harris plays Owl City’s “Vanilla Twilight” to a hotel bar full of the Hilltopper faithful.
The 6-1, 170-pound junior is in his first season with WKU after transferring from Otero (Colo.) Junior College this summer. He averages 8.2 points, 5.6 rebounds and two assists. He had 12 points, hitting 4-of-7 threes, in the Toppers 65-63 win over Florida International to wrap-up their second straight Sun Belt tournament title.
Then he did this.
Gotta love a multi-talented player. Harris is a great story. After starting at NAIA Northwest Oklahoma State, he was convinced he could play Division I. So after a year in junior college, he got an offer from WKU.
From shooting three’s to serenading fans. Hilltopper basketball, where apparently, the show never ends.
Video courtesy of Jason Martin
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 1
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)