Mar 12, 2013, 11:09 PM EDT
Read through the rest of the Cheat Sheets here.
Conference: Summit League
Coach: Scott Nagy
Record: 25-9, 13-3
Rankings and Ratings:
- Kenpom: 106
– RPI: 77
– AP/USA Today: N/A
Seeding?: Our Dave Ommen had the Jackrabbits as a No. 14 seed in Monday’s bracket projection.
Names you need to know: Nate Wolters (22.5 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 5.8 apg), Jordan Dykstra (12.3 ppg, 7.9 rpg)
Stats you need to know: SDSU shoots the ball very well from three, they don’t turn it over all that much and, while they are not a great defensive team, they keep opponents off the foul line and clean up the defensive glass.
Tendencies: It’s the Nate Wolters show. By now you should know who the kid is. A 6-foot-5 Minnesota native, Wolters got one scholarship offer coming out of high school and has made the most of it, becoming a favorite for statheads thanks to his uber-efficient, high-usage style of play. Scott Nagy spreads the floor with shooters and allows Wolters to create off the bounce.
Big wins, bad losses: The Jackrabbits have a couple of ugly losses — Hofstra, South Dakota, Cal. St. Bakersfield — but they also beat New Mexico at New Mexico.
How’d they get here?: South Dakota State no only won the Summit League title, after dropping two of their first three games in league play, they won the automatic bid by knocking off North Dakota State, 73-67, in the title game.
Outlook: You know what you are going to get with the Jackrabbits. The ball is going to be in the hands of Nate Wolters, and he’s going to be creating off the dribble. When his teammates are hitting the open shots he can create for them, this group is tough, and they can beat anyone; winning in The Pit is not an easy thing to do, and SDSU did that.
How do I know you?: Naters Gonna Nate.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)