Mar 12, 2013, 8:57 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
According to a report from CBSSports.com, UMKC and head coach Matt Brown will be parting ways at some point this week.
Brown has spent six seasons as the head coach of the Kangaroos, but this year’s 8-24 record was the fourth time in those six seasons that he ended up with more than 20 losses, finishing over .500 just once in his tenure. That’s not a good way to keep a job.
Brown was an assistant at Richmond and West Virginia before taking over at UMKC.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle has formally declared for the NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 6
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)