Mar 12, 2013, 10:59 PM EDT
With Selection Sunday less than a week away, Vin Parise and Chris Mannix stopped by “The Crossover” to give their predictions for this year’s NCAA tournament. With so many upsets this college basketball season, it would make sense that the guys might go out on a limb and pick some underdogs, right? No way. For as appealing as those might be, Indiana and Duke dominate the panel’s picks, but perhaps for good reason.
Ryan Kelly has given Duke a renewed energy since his return to the lineup after injury, providing the Blue Devils with a scoring option that stretches the floor and opens space for Mason Plumlee, Seth Curry, and Quinn Cook. Indiana, though, has shown its toughness in undoubtedly the nation’s best conference.
Will it come down to Indiana and Duke? Does Miami, Gonzaga, Louisville, or anyone else have a shot? Watch the video above for more.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 28
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (30)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)