Mar 13, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
This page will be updated throughout the day. Come back and feed your bubble fix.
Cincinnati: The Bearcats were probably in even if they ended up losing to Providence in their first game in the Big East tournament, but Mick Cronin’s club erased all doubt by pounding on the Friars. Cincinnati has a decent RPI, but they’ve played a good schedule and have notched four top 50 wins and 8-10 record against the top 100 without suffering a bad loss.
Arizona State: The Sun Devils actually had a decent profile if you factor out their non-conference schedule. The problem? Well, it doesn’t work that way. ASU does have some good wins in league play — Colorado twice, Cal, UCLA — but they also got swept by Washington, lost at USC and lost their last four games and six of their last eight. The Sun Devils need to beat UCLA tomorrow to even be in the discussion on Sunday.
Colorado: The Buffaloes were pretty close to a lock heading into Wednesday, and after closing out Oregon State — with the return of a healthy Andre Roberson — Colorado will be dancing.
Villanova: The Wildcats probably cut have survived the bubble cut without beating St. John’s in the first round of the Big East tournament on Wednesday. When you have wins over Marquette, Louisville, Georgetown and Syracuse, there isn’t much else that you need to do. But a loss to the Johnnies would have made Jay Wright’s ball club sweat. That’s not a fun thing to do while watching the bracket fill up over the next four days.
San Diego State: The Aztecs would probably have been alright with a loss, but beating Boise State on Wednesday night will lock them into a bid.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)