Mar 13, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
This page will be updated throughout the day. Come back and feed your bubble fix.
Cincinnati: The Bearcats were probably in even if they ended up losing to Providence in their first game in the Big East tournament, but Mick Cronin’s club erased all doubt by pounding on the Friars. Cincinnati has a decent RPI, but they’ve played a good schedule and have notched four top 50 wins and 8-10 record against the top 100 without suffering a bad loss.
Arizona State: The Sun Devils actually had a decent profile if you factor out their non-conference schedule. The problem? Well, it doesn’t work that way. ASU does have some good wins in league play — Colorado twice, Cal, UCLA — but they also got swept by Washington, lost at USC and lost their last four games and six of their last eight. The Sun Devils need to beat UCLA tomorrow to even be in the discussion on Sunday.
Colorado: The Buffaloes were pretty close to a lock heading into Wednesday, and after closing out Oregon State — with the return of a healthy Andre Roberson — Colorado will be dancing.
Villanova: The Wildcats probably cut have survived the bubble cut without beating St. John’s in the first round of the Big East tournament on Wednesday. When you have wins over Marquette, Louisville, Georgetown and Syracuse, there isn’t much else that you need to do. But a loss to the Johnnies would have made Jay Wright’s ball club sweat. That’s not a fun thing to do while watching the bracket fill up over the next four days.
San Diego State: The Aztecs would probably have been alright with a loss, but beating Boise State on Wednesday night will lock them into a bid.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)