Mar 13, 2013, 10:21 PM EDT
Colorado State was able to hold off Fresno State, 67-61, Wednesday in the Mountain West quarterfinals without second-leading scorer Dorian Green. But according to head coach Larry Eustachy, the Rams will not have his services Friday against UNLV.
“We’ll be without Dorian,” Eustachy said, as reported by SI.com. “We’re going to practice and prepare as if we don’t have him, which I think is 99.9 percent chance he won’t [play].”
Prior to Wednesday, Green had started 127 straight games for Colorado State and was averaging 13.1 points, 3.9 assists, and 2.6 rebounds on the season. Jon Octeus played all 40 minutes in the win over Fresno State and registered nine points, three assists, and no turnovers. Friday will be a challenge for him, though, when he matches up with one of the conference’s best point guards, Anthony Marshall.
Octeus doesn’t bring the same skill set to the table as Green, but the Rams could take the focus off of him and gameplan for him to be efficient and effective, rather than game-changing. The Colorado State defense will also need to work to limit Anthony Bennett on the interior after his dominating performance Wednesday in a win over Air Force.
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)