Mar 13, 2013, 10:21 PM EST
Colorado State was able to hold off Fresno State, 67-61, Wednesday in the Mountain West quarterfinals without second-leading scorer Dorian Green. But according to head coach Larry Eustachy, the Rams will not have his services Friday against UNLV.
“We’ll be without Dorian,” Eustachy said, as reported by SI.com. “We’re going to practice and prepare as if we don’t have him, which I think is 99.9 percent chance he won’t [play].”
Prior to Wednesday, Green had started 127 straight games for Colorado State and was averaging 13.1 points, 3.9 assists, and 2.6 rebounds on the season. Jon Octeus played all 40 minutes in the win over Fresno State and registered nine points, three assists, and no turnovers. Friday will be a challenge for him, though, when he matches up with one of the conference’s best point guards, Anthony Marshall.
Octeus doesn’t bring the same skill set to the table as Green, but the Rams could take the focus off of him and gameplan for him to be efficient and effective, rather than game-changing. The Colorado State defense will also need to work to limit Anthony Bennett on the interior after his dominating performance Wednesday in a win over Air Force.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 1
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)