Mar 13, 2013, 10:21 PM EST
Colorado State was able to hold off Fresno State, 67-61, Wednesday in the Mountain West quarterfinals without second-leading scorer Dorian Green. But according to head coach Larry Eustachy, the Rams will not have his services Friday against UNLV.
“We’ll be without Dorian,” Eustachy said, as reported by SI.com. “We’re going to practice and prepare as if we don’t have him, which I think is 99.9 percent chance he won’t [play].”
Prior to Wednesday, Green had started 127 straight games for Colorado State and was averaging 13.1 points, 3.9 assists, and 2.6 rebounds on the season. Jon Octeus played all 40 minutes in the win over Fresno State and registered nine points, three assists, and no turnovers. Friday will be a challenge for him, though, when he matches up with one of the conference’s best point guards, Anthony Marshall.
Octeus doesn’t bring the same skill set to the table as Green, but the Rams could take the focus off of him and gameplan for him to be efficient and effective, rather than game-changing. The Colorado State defense will also need to work to limit Anthony Bennett on the interior after his dominating performance Wednesday in a win over Air Force.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Sophomore forward Semi Ojeleye to transfer from Duke (3)