Mar 13, 2013, 10:21 PM EDT
Colorado State was able to hold off Fresno State, 67-61, Wednesday in the Mountain West quarterfinals without second-leading scorer Dorian Green. But according to head coach Larry Eustachy, the Rams will not have his services Friday against UNLV.
“We’ll be without Dorian,” Eustachy said, as reported by SI.com. “We’re going to practice and prepare as if we don’t have him, which I think is 99.9 percent chance he won’t [play].”
Prior to Wednesday, Green had started 127 straight games for Colorado State and was averaging 13.1 points, 3.9 assists, and 2.6 rebounds on the season. Jon Octeus played all 40 minutes in the win over Fresno State and registered nine points, three assists, and no turnovers. Friday will be a challenge for him, though, when he matches up with one of the conference’s best point guards, Anthony Marshall.
Octeus doesn’t bring the same skill set to the table as Green, but the Rams could take the focus off of him and gameplan for him to be efficient and effective, rather than game-changing. The Colorado State defense will also need to work to limit Anthony Bennett on the interior after his dominating performance Wednesday in a win over Air Force.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 0
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 2
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 23
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (86)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)