Mar 13, 2013, 10:21 PM EDT
Colorado State was able to hold off Fresno State, 67-61, Wednesday in the Mountain West quarterfinals without second-leading scorer Dorian Green. But according to head coach Larry Eustachy, the Rams will not have his services Friday against UNLV.
“We’ll be without Dorian,” Eustachy said, as reported by SI.com. “We’re going to practice and prepare as if we don’t have him, which I think is 99.9 percent chance he won’t [play].”
Prior to Wednesday, Green had started 127 straight games for Colorado State and was averaging 13.1 points, 3.9 assists, and 2.6 rebounds on the season. Jon Octeus played all 40 minutes in the win over Fresno State and registered nine points, three assists, and no turnovers. Friday will be a challenge for him, though, when he matches up with one of the conference’s best point guards, Anthony Marshall.
Octeus doesn’t bring the same skill set to the table as Green, but the Rams could take the focus off of him and gameplan for him to be efficient and effective, rather than game-changing. The Colorado State defense will also need to work to limit Anthony Bennett on the interior after his dominating performance Wednesday in a win over Air Force.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)