Mar 13, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Andre Roberson has been cleared to play in Colorado’s Pac-12 tournament opener tonight against Oregon State.
“He looked good, he looked energetic (and had) fresh legs, live legs,” Tad Boyle told Colorado’s athletics website. “It’s great to have him back.”
“We’ll start him, absolutely. We’ll watch him obviously and ask him how he’s feeling and watch his wind. He’s probably not in tip-top shape. But it hasn’t been too long.”
Roberson had missed the last two games of the regular season while battling a viral infection. The Buffs blew out Oregon at home, but then somehow managed to lose to Oregon State, who they play on Wednesday night, on Saturday.
Roberson was the Pac-12’s defensive player of the year, leading the country in rebounding (11.5 rpg) while also chipping in with 10.8 points and the team-lead in both blocks and steals.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Time lapse of Iowa State’s refurbished court (VIDEO) (1)