Mar 13, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Andre Roberson has been cleared to play in Colorado’s Pac-12 tournament opener tonight against Oregon State.
“He looked good, he looked energetic (and had) fresh legs, live legs,” Tad Boyle told Colorado’s athletics website. “It’s great to have him back.”
“We’ll start him, absolutely. We’ll watch him obviously and ask him how he’s feeling and watch his wind. He’s probably not in tip-top shape. But it hasn’t been too long.”
Roberson had missed the last two games of the regular season while battling a viral infection. The Buffs blew out Oregon at home, but then somehow managed to lose to Oregon State, who they play on Wednesday night, on Saturday.
Roberson was the Pac-12′s defensive player of the year, leading the country in rebounding (11.5 rpg) while also chipping in with 10.8 points and the team-lead in both blocks and steals.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle has formally declared for the NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 6
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)