Mar 13, 2013, 5:11 PM EDT
According to multiple reports, Colorado State’s starting point guard Dorian Green will not play tonight in the Rams’ Mountain West tournament quarterfinal due to an ankle injury:
— Geoff Grammer (@GeoffGrammer) March 13, 2013
Green, a senior, is averaging 13.1 points and 3.9 assists this season. He’s their most dynamic back court presence, and he’s also had a knack for hitting big shots during his career. It’s a big loss, especially if the ankle injury that Green is dealing with is serious. A win on Wednesday and the Rams will have to face UNLV in their gym on Thursday.
There’s valid reason to think the injury is fairly serious, as well.
Green has started 127 consecutive games. It’s tough to imagine he’d miss a game in postseason during his senior season unless that ankle is really bothering him.
Jon Octeus will start in his place
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)