Mar 13, 2013, 5:11 PM EDT
According to multiple reports, Colorado State’s starting point guard Dorian Green will not play tonight in the Rams’ Mountain West tournament quarterfinal due to an ankle injury:
— Geoff Grammer (@GeoffGrammer) March 13, 2013
Green, a senior, is averaging 13.1 points and 3.9 assists this season. He’s their most dynamic back court presence, and he’s also had a knack for hitting big shots during his career. It’s a big loss, especially if the ankle injury that Green is dealing with is serious. A win on Wednesday and the Rams will have to face UNLV in their gym on Thursday.
There’s valid reason to think the injury is fairly serious, as well.
Green has started 127 consecutive games. It’s tough to imagine he’d miss a game in postseason during his senior season unless that ankle is really bothering him.
Jon Octeus will start in his place
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 8
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (8)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)