Mar 13, 2013, 5:11 PM EDT
According to multiple reports, Colorado State’s starting point guard Dorian Green will not play tonight in the Rams’ Mountain West tournament quarterfinal due to an ankle injury:
— Geoff Grammer (@GeoffGrammer) March 13, 2013
Green, a senior, is averaging 13.1 points and 3.9 assists this season. He’s their most dynamic back court presence, and he’s also had a knack for hitting big shots during his career. It’s a big loss, especially if the ankle injury that Green is dealing with is serious. A win on Wednesday and the Rams will have to face UNLV in their gym on Thursday.
There’s valid reason to think the injury is fairly serious, as well.
Green has started 127 consecutive games. It’s tough to imagine he’d miss a game in postseason during his senior season unless that ankle is really bothering him.
Jon Octeus will start in his place
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Latest mixtape for Dennis Smith Jr. shows how talented he is (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1