Mar 13, 2013, 5:11 PM EDT
According to multiple reports, Colorado State’s starting point guard Dorian Green will not play tonight in the Rams’ Mountain West tournament quarterfinal due to an ankle injury:
— Geoff Grammer (@GeoffGrammer) March 13, 2013
Green, a senior, is averaging 13.1 points and 3.9 assists this season. He’s their most dynamic back court presence, and he’s also had a knack for hitting big shots during his career. It’s a big loss, especially if the ankle injury that Green is dealing with is serious. A win on Wednesday and the Rams will have to face UNLV in their gym on Thursday.
There’s valid reason to think the injury is fairly serious, as well.
Green has started 127 consecutive games. It’s tough to imagine he’d miss a game in postseason during his senior season unless that ankle is really bothering him.
Jon Octeus will start in his place
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- The key to recruiting Myles Turner: a good psychology department? 0
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 2
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 4
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (14)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Bill Self, redshirts, and the Power of Andrew Wiggins (4)
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ (4)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona