Mar 13, 2013, 5:11 PM EST
According to multiple reports, Colorado State’s starting point guard Dorian Green will not play tonight in the Rams’ Mountain West tournament quarterfinal due to an ankle injury:
— Geoff Grammer (@GeoffGrammer) March 13, 2013
Green, a senior, is averaging 13.1 points and 3.9 assists this season. He’s their most dynamic back court presence, and he’s also had a knack for hitting big shots during his career. It’s a big loss, especially if the ankle injury that Green is dealing with is serious. A win on Wednesday and the Rams will have to face UNLV in their gym on Thursday.
There’s valid reason to think the injury is fairly serious, as well.
Green has started 127 consecutive games. It’s tough to imagine he’d miss a game in postseason during his senior season unless that ankle is really bothering him.
Jon Octeus will start in his place
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 12
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (12)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)