Mar 13, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
After back-to-back nine win seasons, George Nessman has been fired as head coach at San Jose State.
SJSU athletic director Gene Bleymaier made the announcement on Wednesday afternoon after the Spartans lost in the first round of the WAC Tournament.
“George Nessman worked hard to create an environment for our student-athletes to be successful. We thank him for all his contributions to San Jose State and wish him the best,” said Bleymaier.
Nessman had been the head coach of the Spartans since 2005.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Report: Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 0
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 0
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 20
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 12
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 79
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (79)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)