Mar 13, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
After back-to-back nine win seasons, George Nessman has been fired as head coach at San Jose State.
SJSU athletic director Gene Bleymaier made the announcement on Wednesday afternoon after the Spartans lost in the first round of the WAC Tournament.
“George Nessman worked hard to create an environment for our student-athletes to be successful. We thank him for all his contributions to San Jose State and wish him the best,” said Bleymaier.
Nessman had been the head coach of the Spartans since 2005.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)