Mar 13, 2013, 2:23 PM EST
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
After back-to-back nine win seasons, George Nessman has been fired as head coach at San Jose State.
SJSU athletic director Gene Bleymaier made the announcement on Wednesday afternoon after the Spartans lost in the first round of the WAC Tournament.
“George Nessman worked hard to create an environment for our student-athletes to be successful. We thank him for all his contributions to San Jose State and wish him the best,” said Bleymaier.
Nessman had been the head coach of the Spartans since 2005.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 0
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Congratulations to Dickie V on 35 years of broadcasting (VIDEO) (2)
- VCU’s half court scoring issues becoming a concern? (2)