Mar 13, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
After back-to-back nine win seasons, George Nessman has been fired as head coach at San Jose State.
SJSU athletic director Gene Bleymaier made the announcement on Wednesday afternoon after the Spartans lost in the first round of the WAC Tournament.
“George Nessman worked hard to create an environment for our student-athletes to be successful. We thank him for all his contributions to San Jose State and wish him the best,” said Bleymaier.
Nessman had been the head coach of the Spartans since 2005.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)