Mar 13, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
After back-to-back nine win seasons, George Nessman has been fired as head coach at San Jose State.
SJSU athletic director Gene Bleymaier made the announcement on Wednesday afternoon after the Spartans lost in the first round of the WAC Tournament.
“George Nessman worked hard to create an environment for our student-athletes to be successful. We thank him for all his contributions to San Jose State and wish him the best,” said Bleymaier.
Nessman had been the head coach of the Spartans since 2005.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 5
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)
- Indiana grabs commitment from prep school center (VIDEO) (6)
- Harrison twins awaiting feedback from NBA before deciding to return or declare (6)
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ (5)