Mar 13, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
According to a report from Lenn Robbins of the New York Post this morning, Butler and Xavier will be joined in the new Big East by Dayton next season.
Robbins goes on to say that both Creighton and St. Louis will join the league in 2014-2015.
This is new. It’s become widely assumed that Butler and Xavier will be in the Big East next year, but most reports have mentioned Creighton as the potential third team to be joining this summer with Dayton and St. Louis coming aboard in 2014.
Robbins also noted that The Conference Formerly Known As The Big East (TCFKATBE for short) is looking to expand as well and is looking at Tulsa as a potential target.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)