Mar 13, 2013, 10:45 AM EST
According to a report from Lenn Robbins of the New York Post this morning, Butler and Xavier will be joined in the new Big East by Dayton next season.
Robbins goes on to say that both Creighton and St. Louis will join the league in 2014-2015.
This is new. It’s become widely assumed that Butler and Xavier will be in the Big East next year, but most reports have mentioned Creighton as the potential third team to be joining this summer with Dayton and St. Louis coming aboard in 2014.
Robbins also noted that The Conference Formerly Known As The Big East (TCFKATBE for short) is looking to expand as well and is looking at Tulsa as a potential target.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 1
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 2
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)