Mar 13, 2013, 10:45 AM EST
According to a report from Lenn Robbins of the New York Post this morning, Butler and Xavier will be joined in the new Big East by Dayton next season.
Robbins goes on to say that both Creighton and St. Louis will join the league in 2014-2015.
This is new. It’s become widely assumed that Butler and Xavier will be in the Big East next year, but most reports have mentioned Creighton as the potential third team to be joining this summer with Dayton and St. Louis coming aboard in 2014.
Robbins also noted that The Conference Formerly Known As The Big East (TCFKATBE for short) is looking to expand as well and is looking at Tulsa as a potential target.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)