Mar 13, 2013, 10:45 AM EST
According to a report from Lenn Robbins of the New York Post this morning, Butler and Xavier will be joined in the new Big East by Dayton next season.
Robbins goes on to say that both Creighton and St. Louis will join the league in 2014-2015.
This is new. It’s become widely assumed that Butler and Xavier will be in the Big East next year, but most reports have mentioned Creighton as the potential third team to be joining this summer with Dayton and St. Louis coming aboard in 2014.
Robbins also noted that The Conference Formerly Known As The Big East (TCFKATBE for short) is looking to expand as well and is looking at Tulsa as a potential target.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 2
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 2
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 2
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)
- Arizona’s Aaron Gordon belongs in the conversation with the best freshmen despite what box score says (2)