Mar 13, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
According to a report from Lenn Robbins of the New York Post this morning, Butler and Xavier will be joined in the new Big East by Dayton next season.
Robbins goes on to say that both Creighton and St. Louis will join the league in 2014-2015.
This is new. It’s become widely assumed that Butler and Xavier will be in the Big East next year, but most reports have mentioned Creighton as the potential third team to be joining this summer with Dayton and St. Louis coming aboard in 2014.
Robbins also noted that The Conference Formerly Known As The Big East (TCFKATBE for short) is looking to expand as well and is looking at Tulsa as a potential target.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 7
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)