Mar 13, 2013, 9:05 PM EST
Miami just completed their best season in school history, and as they’re getting ready for their quarterfinal game in the ACC tournament, Shane Larkin ensured that his team knows there are no visions of handshakes with David Stern dancing in his head.
“As it stands right now, I definitely see myself coming back,” Larkin told the Sun-Sentinel. That’s probably the right decision. Larkin is ranked as the 44th best prospect in the sophomore class, according to Draft Express, and he’s not listed in either the 2013 or the 2014 mock draft.
“Obviously, you want to go to the next level,” he added, “but I love what I’m doing now. I love all the players and I love everybody in the program and I love everybody at the school.”
“So I don’t see any reason to take that next step.”
That’s good news for Jim Larranaga, who will lose five seniors — include his entire front line — to graduation this summer.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 1
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (8)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)