Mar 14, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Billy Taylor will not return as the head coach at Ball State next season, athletic director Bill Scholl announced this afternoon.
“This was a difficult decision, primarily because Billy was a tremendous representative of our athletics department and university,” Scholl said in a statement. “Billy is a great man. Under his guidance our student-athletes conducted themselves properly and our most recent APR score was our highest rating since 2004-05. We thank him for leaving the program better than when he inherited it and we wish him well in the future.”
Taylor just finished up his sixth season with the Cardinals, going 15-15 and finishing 8-8 in the MAC. He went 84-99 in his six seasons.
Taylor came to Ball State from Lehigh, where he spent five years as head coach.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)