Mar 14, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Billy Taylor will not return as the head coach at Ball State next season, athletic director Bill Scholl announced this afternoon.
“This was a difficult decision, primarily because Billy was a tremendous representative of our athletics department and university,” Scholl said in a statement. “Billy is a great man. Under his guidance our student-athletes conducted themselves properly and our most recent APR score was our highest rating since 2004-05. We thank him for leaving the program better than when he inherited it and we wish him well in the future.”
Taylor just finished up his sixth season with the Cardinals, going 15-15 and finishing 8-8 in the MAC. He went 84-99 in his six seasons.
Taylor came to Ball State from Lehigh, where he spent five years as head coach.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)