Mar 14, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Billy Taylor will not return as the head coach at Ball State next season, athletic director Bill Scholl announced this afternoon.
“This was a difficult decision, primarily because Billy was a tremendous representative of our athletics department and university,” Scholl said in a statement. “Billy is a great man. Under his guidance our student-athletes conducted themselves properly and our most recent APR score was our highest rating since 2004-05. We thank him for leaving the program better than when he inherited it and we wish him well in the future.”
Taylor just finished up his sixth season with the Cardinals, going 15-15 and finishing 8-8 in the MAC. He went 84-99 in his six seasons.
Taylor came to Ball State from Lehigh, where he spent five years as head coach.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)