Mar 14, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Billy Taylor will not return as the head coach at Ball State next season, athletic director Bill Scholl announced this afternoon.
“This was a difficult decision, primarily because Billy was a tremendous representative of our athletics department and university,” Scholl said in a statement. “Billy is a great man. Under his guidance our student-athletes conducted themselves properly and our most recent APR score was our highest rating since 2004-05. We thank him for leaving the program better than when he inherited it and we wish him well in the future.”
Taylor just finished up his sixth season with the Cardinals, going 15-15 and finishing 8-8 in the MAC. He went 84-99 in his six seasons.
Taylor came to Ball State from Lehigh, where he spent five years as head coach.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)