Mar 14, 2013, 7:45 PM EST
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Billy Taylor will not return as the head coach at Ball State next season, athletic director Bill Scholl announced this afternoon.
“This was a difficult decision, primarily because Billy was a tremendous representative of our athletics department and university,” Scholl said in a statement. “Billy is a great man. Under his guidance our student-athletes conducted themselves properly and our most recent APR score was our highest rating since 2004-05. We thank him for leaving the program better than when he inherited it and we wish him well in the future.”
Taylor just finished up his sixth season with the Cardinals, going 15-15 and finishing 8-8 in the MAC. He went 84-99 in his six seasons.
Taylor came to Ball State from Lehigh, where he spent five years as head coach.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 11
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Syracuse upsets No. 8 Notre Dame in an inspired ACC road effort 0
- You Make The Call: Did Marcus Paige get fouled on North Carolina’s last possession? (17)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Big Ten looking into idea of making freshmen ineligible for competition in football, men’s basketball (11)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (11)