Mar 14, 2013, 1:15 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Marist head coach Chuck Martin has been “relieved of his duties”, according to a release from the university on Thursday afternoon.
“I’m very appreciative of the hard work Chuck and his staff demonstrated over the past five years,” Marist Director of Athletics Tim Murray said. “Chuck represented Marist with class, and conducted his program with great passion and integrity. I think that Chuck is a wonderful person, and I have the utmost respect for him.”
Martin was hired in 2008 after helping to coach Memphis to the national title game that season. But he was never able to replicate the success in Poughkeepsie, winning just 41 games in his tenure.
Marist went 10-21 this season and just 6-12 in the MAAC.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)