Mar 14, 2013, 1:15 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Marist head coach Chuck Martin has been “relieved of his duties”, according to a release from the university on Thursday afternoon.
“I’m very appreciative of the hard work Chuck and his staff demonstrated over the past five years,” Marist Director of Athletics Tim Murray said. “Chuck represented Marist with class, and conducted his program with great passion and integrity. I think that Chuck is a wonderful person, and I have the utmost respect for him.”
Martin was hired in 2008 after helping to coach Memphis to the national title game that season. But he was never able to replicate the success in Poughkeepsie, winning just 41 games in his tenure.
Marist went 10-21 this season and just 6-12 in the MAAC.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 26
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (26)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)