Mar 14, 2013, 1:15 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Marist head coach Chuck Martin has been “relieved of his duties”, according to a release from the university on Thursday afternoon.
“I’m very appreciative of the hard work Chuck and his staff demonstrated over the past five years,” Marist Director of Athletics Tim Murray said. “Chuck represented Marist with class, and conducted his program with great passion and integrity. I think that Chuck is a wonderful person, and I have the utmost respect for him.”
Martin was hired in 2008 after helping to coach Memphis to the national title game that season. But he was never able to replicate the success in Poughkeepsie, winning just 41 games in his tenure.
Marist went 10-21 this season and just 6-12 in the MAAC.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)