Mar 14, 2013, 1:15 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Marist head coach Chuck Martin has been “relieved of his duties”, according to a release from the university on Thursday afternoon.
“I’m very appreciative of the hard work Chuck and his staff demonstrated over the past five years,” Marist Director of Athletics Tim Murray said. “Chuck represented Marist with class, and conducted his program with great passion and integrity. I think that Chuck is a wonderful person, and I have the utmost respect for him.”
Martin was hired in 2008 after helping to coach Memphis to the national title game that season. But he was never able to replicate the success in Poughkeepsie, winning just 41 games in his tenure.
Marist went 10-21 this season and just 6-12 in the MAAC.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 13
- John Calipari: ‘We’re chasing perfection’ (14)
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Big Ten considering ‘protected rivalries’ for basketball schedule (9)
- Federal tax documents reveal that Mike Krzyzewski made $9.7 million in 2011 (4)
- Evan Gordon is transferring to Indiana (4)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT