Mar 14, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
After 10 years as the head coach of the Lancer program, Mike Gillian has resigned, according to a release from the university.
“Mike has played an important role in the history of Longwood Athletics,” said Director of Athletics Troy Austin. “I want to thank him for his service to the university, the effort he invested in the men’s basketball program and his active involvement with community initiatives. I wish the best to Mike and his family in their future endeavors.”
Longwood has been a Division I program for six years, but this season was their first as a member of the Big South conference. The Lancers went 8-25 this year and 4-12 in league play.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Gregg Marshall to remain at Wichita State, won’t visit Alabama 1
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 5
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)