Mar 14, 2013, 11:45 AM EST
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
After 10 years as the head coach of the Lancer program, Mike Gillian has resigned, according to a release from the university.
“Mike has played an important role in the history of Longwood Athletics,” said Director of Athletics Troy Austin. “I want to thank him for his service to the university, the effort he invested in the men’s basketball program and his active involvement with community initiatives. I wish the best to Mike and his family in their future endeavors.”
Longwood has been a Division I program for six years, but this season was their first as a member of the Big South conference. The Lancers went 8-25 this year and 4-12 in league play.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)