Mar 14, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
After 10 years as the head coach of the Lancer program, Mike Gillian has resigned, according to a release from the university.
“Mike has played an important role in the history of Longwood Athletics,” said Director of Athletics Troy Austin. “I want to thank him for his service to the university, the effort he invested in the men’s basketball program and his active involvement with community initiatives. I wish the best to Mike and his family in their future endeavors.”
Longwood has been a Division I program for six years, but this season was their first as a member of the Big South conference. The Lancers went 8-25 this year and 4-12 in league play.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Report: Devonta Pollard no longer enrolled at Alabama 0
- Communication plays vital role in development of Marquette’s Vander Blue 0
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup