Mar 14, 2013, 11:45 AM EST
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
After 10 years as the head coach of the Lancer program, Mike Gillian has resigned, according to a release from the university.
“Mike has played an important role in the history of Longwood Athletics,” said Director of Athletics Troy Austin. “I want to thank him for his service to the university, the effort he invested in the men’s basketball program and his active involvement with community initiatives. I wish the best to Mike and his family in their future endeavors.”
Longwood has been a Division I program for six years, but this season was their first as a member of the Big South conference. The Lancers went 8-25 this year and 4-12 in league play.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)