Mar 14, 2013, 9:47 AM EDT
A portion of the Wake Forest fan base has been anything but quiet about their desire for Jeff Bzdelik to look elsewhere for employment.
After running an ad in the student newspaper last Friday calling for Bzdelik to be fired, the students paid for an ad to be printed on the front page of today’s sports section:
That same group also bought FireBz.com, a site dedicated solely to trying to find a way to get Bzdelik fired.
It will be interesting, as we head into the throes of the coaching carousel, to see whether or not Wake Forest decides to make a coaching change. As much as Bzdelik has struggled in his tenure with the school, there were some nice moments with this year’s team. They beat NC State and they beat Miami by 15. There are wins over Florida State and Xavier as well. The 13-17 record overall and his 6-12 record in the ACC are by no means impressive, but it will be interesting to see if it is enough to earn him another season.
(Images via Luke DeCock)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)