Mar 14, 2013, 9:47 AM EDT
A portion of the Wake Forest fan base has been anything but quiet about their desire for Jeff Bzdelik to look elsewhere for employment.
After running an ad in the student newspaper last Friday calling for Bzdelik to be fired, the students paid for an ad to be printed on the front page of today’s sports section:
That same group also bought FireBz.com, a site dedicated solely to trying to find a way to get Bzdelik fired.
It will be interesting, as we head into the throes of the coaching carousel, to see whether or not Wake Forest decides to make a coaching change. As much as Bzdelik has struggled in his tenure with the school, there were some nice moments with this year’s team. They beat NC State and they beat Miami by 15. There are wins over Florida State and Xavier as well. The 13-17 record overall and his 6-12 record in the ACC are by no means impressive, but it will be interesting to see if it is enough to earn him another season.
(Images via Luke DeCock)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- UConn lands former Seton Hall guard Sterling Gibbs, eligible immediately 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)