Mar 14, 2013, 9:47 AM EST
A portion of the Wake Forest fan base has been anything but quiet about their desire for Jeff Bzdelik to look elsewhere for employment.
After running an ad in the student newspaper last Friday calling for Bzdelik to be fired, the students paid for an ad to be printed on the front page of today’s sports section:
That same group also bought FireBz.com, a site dedicated solely to trying to find a way to get Bzdelik fired.
It will be interesting, as we head into the throes of the coaching carousel, to see whether or not Wake Forest decides to make a coaching change. As much as Bzdelik has struggled in his tenure with the school, there were some nice moments with this year’s team. They beat NC State and they beat Miami by 15. There are wins over Florida State and Xavier as well. The 13-17 record overall and his 6-12 record in the ACC are by no means impressive, but it will be interesting to see if it is enough to earn him another season.
(Images via Luke DeCock)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)