Mar 15, 2013, 12:51 PM EST
This week has offered many thoughts on the end of the Big East tournament, with this essentially being the final weekend of the original event. The seven basketball schools, one of which being regular season champion Georgetown, will keep the name and continue to hold their annual event at Madison Square Garden.
But it won’t be the same.
On the Dan Patrick Show this morning, the host touched on both the end of the Big East as we know it and some of the moments that make this particular weekend so special for many college basketball fans.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 0
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 2
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 3
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)