Mar 15, 2013, 12:51 PM EST
This week has offered many thoughts on the end of the Big East tournament, with this essentially being the final weekend of the original event. The seven basketball schools, one of which being regular season champion Georgetown, will keep the name and continue to hold their annual event at Madison Square Garden.
But it won’t be the same.
On the Dan Patrick Show this morning, the host touched on both the end of the Big East as we know it and some of the moments that make this particular weekend so special for many college basketball fans.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)