Mar 15, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
This week has offered many thoughts on the end of the Big East tournament, with this essentially being the final weekend of the original event. The seven basketball schools, one of which being regular season champion Georgetown, will keep the name and continue to hold their annual event at Madison Square Garden.
But it won’t be the same.
On the Dan Patrick Show this morning, the host touched on both the end of the Big East as we know it and some of the moments that make this particular weekend so special for many college basketball fans.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)