Mar 15, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
This week has offered many thoughts on the end of the Big East tournament, with this essentially being the final weekend of the original event. The seven basketball schools, one of which being regular season champion Georgetown, will keep the name and continue to hold their annual event at Madison Square Garden.
But it won’t be the same.
On the Dan Patrick Show this morning, the host touched on both the end of the Big East as we know it and some of the moments that make this particular weekend so special for many college basketball fans.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)