Mar 15, 2013, 12:51 PM EST
This week has offered many thoughts on the end of the Big East tournament, with this essentially being the final weekend of the original event. The seven basketball schools, one of which being regular season champion Georgetown, will keep the name and continue to hold their annual event at Madison Square Garden.
But it won’t be the same.
On the Dan Patrick Show this morning, the host touched on both the end of the Big East as we know it and some of the moments that make this particular weekend so special for many college basketball fans.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)