Mar 15, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Dwight Powell will return to Stanford for his senior season.
The Cardinal center was named the Pac-12’s most improved player in 2012-2013 after seeing his production jump up to 15.4 points and 8.2 rebounds.
Stanford is heading to the NIT this season, after finishing the year 18-14, which was a disappointing finish for a team that some expected to be a sleeper in the conference this season. With a talented recruiting class and a solid core of youngsters already on the roster, the Cardinal should be favored to finish near the top of the conference next season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)