Mar 15, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Dwight Powell will return to Stanford for his senior season.
The Cardinal center was named the Pac-12’s most improved player in 2012-2013 after seeing his production jump up to 15.4 points and 8.2 rebounds.
Stanford is heading to the NIT this season, after finishing the year 18-14, which was a disappointing finish for a team that some expected to be a sleeper in the conference this season. With a talented recruiting class and a solid core of youngsters already on the roster, the Cardinal should be favored to finish near the top of the conference next season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)