Mar 15, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Dwight Powell will return to Stanford for his senior season.
The Cardinal center was named the Pac-12’s most improved player in 2012-2013 after seeing his production jump up to 15.4 points and 8.2 rebounds.
Stanford is heading to the NIT this season, after finishing the year 18-14, which was a disappointing finish for a team that some expected to be a sleeper in the conference this season. With a talented recruiting class and a solid core of youngsters already on the roster, the Cardinal should be favored to finish near the top of the conference next season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)