Mar 15, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Dwight Powell will return to Stanford for his senior season.
The Cardinal center was named the Pac-12’s most improved player in 2012-2013 after seeing his production jump up to 15.4 points and 8.2 rebounds.
Stanford is heading to the NIT this season, after finishing the year 18-14, which was a disappointing finish for a team that some expected to be a sleeper in the conference this season. With a talented recruiting class and a solid core of youngsters already on the roster, the Cardinal should be favored to finish near the top of the conference next season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)