Mar 15, 2013, 7:01 PM EST
Dwight Powell will return to Stanford for his senior season.
The Cardinal center was named the Pac-12’s most improved player in 2012-2013 after seeing his production jump up to 15.4 points and 8.2 rebounds.
Stanford is heading to the NIT this season, after finishing the year 18-14, which was a disappointing finish for a team that some expected to be a sleeper in the conference this season. With a talented recruiting class and a solid core of youngsters already on the roster, the Cardinal should be favored to finish near the top of the conference next season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)