Mar 16, 2013, 2:00 AM EDT
C.J. Fair shot only 3-for-16 for six points and five rebounds, but the Syracuse forward left his mark on the storied Syracuse-Georgetown rivalry Saturday night.
Fair and his Orange avenged 61-39 drumming six days earlier with a 58-55 overtime win to advance to Saturday night’s championship game against Louisville. He also threw down a monster slam on Georgetown star and Big East Player of the Year Otto Porter. The 6-foot-8 Porter put his mark on the rivalry with 33 point in a win inside the Carrier Dome on Feb. 23. Saturday night, Fair left his own.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (77)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)