Mar 16, 2013, 2:00 AM EDT
C.J. Fair shot only 3-for-16 for six points and five rebounds, but the Syracuse forward left his mark on the storied Syracuse-Georgetown rivalry Saturday night.
Fair and his Orange avenged 61-39 drumming six days earlier with a 58-55 overtime win to advance to Saturday night’s championship game against Louisville. He also threw down a monster slam on Georgetown star and Big East Player of the Year Otto Porter. The 6-foot-8 Porter put his mark on the rivalry with 33 point in a win inside the Carrier Dome on Feb. 23. Saturday night, Fair left his own.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)