Mar 16, 2013, 2:00 AM EDT
C.J. Fair shot only 3-for-16 for six points and five rebounds, but the Syracuse forward left his mark on the storied Syracuse-Georgetown rivalry Saturday night.
Fair and his Orange avenged 61-39 drumming six days earlier with a 58-55 overtime win to advance to Saturday night’s championship game against Louisville. He also threw down a monster slam on Georgetown star and Big East Player of the Year Otto Porter. The 6-foot-8 Porter put his mark on the rivalry with 33 point in a win inside the Carrier Dome on Feb. 23. Saturday night, Fair left his own.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)