Mar 16, 2013, 3:00 AM EST
Keith Appling and Michigan State trailed Iowa 35-26 with 17 minutes to go when the Spartans junior point guard threw down Iowa’s Melsahn Basabe, who stands 6-foot-7, six inches taller than Appling.
The monster slam woke up Michigan State, who turned the nine-point deficit to a 59-56 win as the Spartans advanced to the Big Ten semifinals against Ohio State.
If that isn’t enough, Gus Johnson, who already had an epic call for Brandon Paul’s game winner, could only shout out, “What!” following the posterization.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)