Mar 16, 2013, 3:00 AM EST
Keith Appling and Michigan State trailed Iowa 35-26 with 17 minutes to go when the Spartans junior point guard threw down Iowa’s Melsahn Basabe, who stands 6-foot-7, six inches taller than Appling.
The monster slam woke up Michigan State, who turned the nine-point deficit to a 59-56 win as the Spartans advanced to the Big Ten semifinals against Ohio State.
If that isn’t enough, Gus Johnson, who already had an epic call for Brandon Paul’s game winner, could only shout out, “What!” following the posterization.
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings 0
- Maurice Creek, George Washington proving to be a match made in heaven 0
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game 2
- Colorado needs game-winner to serve as a catalyst for Askia Booker (VIDEO) 0
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again 3
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings (2)