Mar 16, 2013, 3:00 AM EDT
Keith Appling and Michigan State trailed Iowa 35-26 with 17 minutes to go when the Spartans junior point guard threw down Iowa’s Melsahn Basabe, who stands 6-foot-7, six inches taller than Appling.
The monster slam woke up Michigan State, who turned the nine-point deficit to a 59-56 win as the Spartans advanced to the Big Ten semifinals against Ohio State.
If that isn’t enough, Gus Johnson, who already had an epic call for Brandon Paul’s game winner, could only shout out, “What!” following the posterization.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)