Mar 16, 2013, 3:00 AM EDT
Keith Appling and Michigan State trailed Iowa 35-26 with 17 minutes to go when the Spartans junior point guard threw down Iowa’s Melsahn Basabe, who stands 6-foot-7, six inches taller than Appling.
The monster slam woke up Michigan State, who turned the nine-point deficit to a 59-56 win as the Spartans advanced to the Big Ten semifinals against Ohio State.
If that isn’t enough, Gus Johnson, who already had an epic call for Brandon Paul’s game winner, could only shout out, “What!” following the posterization.
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- UConn lands former Seton Hall guard Sterling Gibbs, eligible immediately 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)