Mar 16, 2013, 5:21 PM EST
Maryland and Kentucky kicked off college basketball at the Barclays Center, opening up the season with a trip to Brooklyn that ended in a thrilling, 72-69 win for the Wildcats.
The exhibition was so successful that organizers made the decision to bring both schools back.
After the success of Maryland’s inaugural game in Brooklyn last November, the team announced it will return to Brooklyn this fall as part of the BROOKLYN HOOPS series at the Barclay’s Center.
The Brooklyn Hoops event will also feature Kentucky, though this time the Wildcats will face the Providence Friars. Maryland’s opponent is yet to be announced, but Kentucky’s game is scheduled for Dec. 1, 2013.
Providence may regret agreeing to that game when they see the recruiting class that John Calipari has coming in next season. I will say this much: the Barclays Center is a fun place to watch a basketball, especially when arena is packed.
And if Big Blue Nation is involved, you know it’s going to be packed.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 12
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 5
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)
- Burning Questions: Who gets the last shot? (3)