Mar 16, 2013, 11:11 PM EDT
Read through the rest of the Cheat Sheets here
Coach: Mike McConathy
Rankings and Ratings:
- Kenpom: 141
– RPI: 96
– AP/USA Today: N/A
Seeding?: Our Dave Ommen had Stephen F. Austin, the league’s No. 1 seed, as a 13 in Saturday’s bracket projection. Northwestern State, having pulled the upset, may drop a line or two.
Names you need to know: DeQuan Hicks (14.1 ppg, 5.9 rpg), James Hulbin (12.3 ppg, 5.9 rpg), Jalan West (10.4 ppg, 5.3 apg, 2.4 spg)
Stats you need to know: 73.3 is the Demons’ adjusted tempo. According to Kenpom.com, that makes them the fastest team in the nation.
How’d they get here?: The Demons won a close one over league-leading Stephen F. Austin, 68-66.
Outlook: Northwestern State’s tempo might earn them a first-round upset if they match up against the right team.
How do I know you?: Northwestern State upset a Steve Alford-coached Iowa team 64-63 in the 2006 tournament. You can bet he’ll not want to see them on New Mexico’s side of the bracket this year, either.
Eric is the editor of Storming the Floor. He tweets @stfhoops.
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)