Mar 16, 2013, 11:11 PM EST
Read through the rest of the Cheat Sheets here
Coach: Mike McConathy
Rankings and Ratings:
– Kenpom: 141
– RPI: 96
– AP/USA Today: N/A
Seeding?: Our Dave Ommen had Stephen F. Austin, the league’s No. 1 seed, as a 13 in Saturday’s bracket projection. Northwestern State, having pulled the upset, may drop a line or two.
Names you need to know: DeQuan Hicks (14.1 ppg, 5.9 rpg), James Hulbin (12.3 ppg, 5.9 rpg), Jalan West (10.4 ppg, 5.3 apg, 2.4 spg)
Stats you need to know: 73.3 is the Demons’ adjusted tempo. According to Kenpom.com, that makes them the fastest team in the nation.
How’d they get here?: The Demons won a close one over league-leading Stephen F. Austin, 68-66.
Outlook: Northwestern State’s tempo might earn them a first-round upset if they match up against the right team.
How do I know you?: Northwestern State upset a Steve Alford-coached Iowa team 64-63 in the 2006 tournament. You can bet he’ll not want to see them on New Mexico’s side of the bracket this year, either.
Eric is the editor of Storming the Floor. He tweets @stfhoops.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)