Mar 16, 2013, 11:11 PM EDT
Read through the rest of the Cheat Sheets here
Coach: Mike McConathy
Rankings and Ratings:
– Kenpom: 141
– RPI: 96
– AP/USA Today: N/A
Seeding?: Our Dave Ommen had Stephen F. Austin, the league’s No. 1 seed, as a 13 in Saturday’s bracket projection. Northwestern State, having pulled the upset, may drop a line or two.
Names you need to know: DeQuan Hicks (14.1 ppg, 5.9 rpg), James Hulbin (12.3 ppg, 5.9 rpg), Jalan West (10.4 ppg, 5.3 apg, 2.4 spg)
Stats you need to know: 73.3 is the Demons’ adjusted tempo. According to Kenpom.com, that makes them the fastest team in the nation.
How’d they get here?: The Demons won a close one over league-leading Stephen F. Austin, 68-66.
Outlook: Northwestern State’s tempo might earn them a first-round upset if they match up against the right team.
How do I know you?: Northwestern State upset a Steve Alford-coached Iowa team 64-63 in the 2006 tournament. You can bet he’ll not want to see them on New Mexico’s side of the bracket this year, either.
Eric is the editor of Storming the Floor. He tweets @stfhoops.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)