Mar 16, 2013, 11:11 PM EST
Read through the rest of the Cheat Sheets here
Coach: Mike McConathy
Rankings and Ratings:
- Kenpom: 141
– RPI: 96
– AP/USA Today: N/A
Seeding?: Our Dave Ommen had Stephen F. Austin, the league’s No. 1 seed, as a 13 in Saturday’s bracket projection. Northwestern State, having pulled the upset, may drop a line or two.
Names you need to know: DeQuan Hicks (14.1 ppg, 5.9 rpg), James Hulbin (12.3 ppg, 5.9 rpg), Jalan West (10.4 ppg, 5.3 apg, 2.4 spg)
Stats you need to know: 73.3 is the Demons’ adjusted tempo. According to Kenpom.com, that makes them the fastest team in the nation.
How’d they get here?: The Demons won a close one over league-leading Stephen F. Austin, 68-66.
Outlook: Northwestern State’s tempo might earn them a first-round upset if they match up against the right team.
How do I know you?: Northwestern State upset a Steve Alford-coached Iowa team 64-63 in the 2006 tournament. You can bet he’ll not want to see them on New Mexico’s side of the bracket this year, either.
Eric is the editor of Storming the Floor. He tweets @stfhoops.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)