Mar 16, 2013, 7:02 PM EST
Read through the rest of the Cheat Sheets here.
Conference: Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference
Coach: Cy Alexander
Rankings and Ratings:
- Kenpom: 228
- RPI: 224
- AP/USA Today: N/A
Seeding?: Our Dave Ommen had the then-unknown MEAC champs as locks for a 16 seed in Saturday’s bracket projection.
Names you need to know: Adrian Powell (12.5 ppg, 5.1 rpg), Lamont Middleton (12.4 ppg, 2.4 apg), Austin Witter (7.1 rpg, 2.9 bpg)
Stats you need to know: 0-9. That’s the Aggies’ record in the NCAA tournament.
Tendencies: A&T tends to be right smack in the middle of every measurable stat in the MEAC. It’s uncanny.
Big wins, bad losses: No big wins. Eight bad losses in conference play.
How’d they get here?: The Aggies beat the league’s N0. 2 seed, North Carolina Central, in the quarterfinals, but were spared a date with the Norfolk State Spartans – owners of a 16-0 league record – when Bethune-Cookman pulled off a huge upset the same night. The Aggies beat Morgan State in the final game to earn the auto-bid.
Outlook: It sounds mean to say so, but 0-10 seems likely.
How do I know you?: You probably don’t.
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 3
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)