Mar 16, 2013, 7:02 PM EST
Read through the rest of the Cheat Sheets here.
Conference: Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference
Coach: Cy Alexander
Rankings and Ratings:
- Kenpom: 228
- RPI: 224
- AP/USA Today: N/A
Seeding?: Our Dave Ommen had the then-unknown MEAC champs as locks for a 16 seed in Saturday’s bracket projection.
Names you need to know: Adrian Powell (12.5 ppg, 5.1 rpg), Lamont Middleton (12.4 ppg, 2.4 apg), Austin Witter (7.1 rpg, 2.9 bpg)
Stats you need to know: 0-9. That’s the Aggies’ record in the NCAA tournament.
Tendencies: A&T tends to be right smack in the middle of every measurable stat in the MEAC. It’s uncanny.
Big wins, bad losses: No big wins. Eight bad losses in conference play.
How’d they get here?: The Aggies beat the league’s N0. 2 seed, North Carolina Central, in the quarterfinals, but were spared a date with the Norfolk State Spartans – owners of a 16-0 league record – when Bethune-Cookman pulled off a huge upset the same night. The Aggies beat Morgan State in the final game to earn the auto-bid.
Outlook: It sounds mean to say so, but 0-10 seems likely.
How do I know you?: You probably don’t.
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 0
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 3
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 6
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)