Mar 16, 2013, 7:02 PM EDT
Read through the rest of the Cheat Sheets here.
Conference: Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference
Coach: Cy Alexander
Rankings and Ratings:
- Kenpom: 228
- RPI: 224
- AP/USA Today: N/A
Seeding?: Our Dave Ommen had the then-unknown MEAC champs as locks for a 16 seed in Saturday’s bracket projection.
Names you need to know: Adrian Powell (12.5 ppg, 5.1 rpg), Lamont Middleton (12.4 ppg, 2.4 apg), Austin Witter (7.1 rpg, 2.9 bpg)
Stats you need to know: 0-9. That’s the Aggies’ record in the NCAA tournament.
Tendencies: A&T tends to be right smack in the middle of every measurable stat in the MEAC. It’s uncanny.
Big wins, bad losses: No big wins. Eight bad losses in conference play.
How’d they get here?: The Aggies beat the league’s N0. 2 seed, North Carolina Central, in the quarterfinals, but were spared a date with the Norfolk State Spartans – owners of a 16-0 league record – when Bethune-Cookman pulled off a huge upset the same night. The Aggies beat Morgan State in the final game to earn the auto-bid.
Outlook: It sounds mean to say so, but 0-10 seems likely.
How do I know you?: You probably don’t.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)