Mar 16, 2013, 12:26 AM EST
There are now reports that both Creighton and Butler will be withdrawing from their current conferences and accepting invitations to the new-look Big East conference next week.
David Woods of the Indy Star is reporting the news on Butler:
An announcement is expected next week. The goal is to get a new conference done before the second round of the NCAA Tournament begins on Thursday.
Henry Cordes of the Omaha World-Herald is reporting that Creighton has decide to accept their invitation and will leave the Missouri Valley.
None of this is a surprise; we’ve known these teams would be joining.
But it looks like it’s getting close to becoming official.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 0
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)