Mar 16, 2013, 12:26 AM EST
There are now reports that both Creighton and Butler will be withdrawing from their current conferences and accepting invitations to the new-look Big East conference next week.
David Woods of the Indy Star is reporting the news on Butler:
An announcement is expected next week. The goal is to get a new conference done before the second round of the NCAA Tournament begins on Thursday.
Henry Cordes of the Omaha World-Herald is reporting that Creighton has decide to accept their invitation and will leave the Missouri Valley.
None of this is a surprise; we’ve known these teams would be joining.
But it looks like it’s getting close to becoming official.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)