Mar 16, 2013, 12:26 AM EST
There are now reports that both Creighton and Butler will be withdrawing from their current conferences and accepting invitations to the new-look Big East conference next week.
David Woods of the Indy Star is reporting the news on Butler:
An announcement is expected next week. The goal is to get a new conference done before the second round of the NCAA Tournament begins on Thursday.
Henry Cordes of the Omaha World-Herald is reporting that Creighton has decide to accept their invitation and will leave the Missouri Valley.
None of this is a surprise; we’ve known these teams would be joining.
But it looks like it’s getting close to becoming official.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)