Mar 16, 2013, 12:26 AM EDT
There are now reports that both Creighton and Butler will be withdrawing from their current conferences and accepting invitations to the new-look Big East conference next week.
David Woods of the Indy Star is reporting the news on Butler:
An announcement is expected next week. The goal is to get a new conference done before the second round of the NCAA Tournament begins on Thursday.
Henry Cordes of the Omaha World-Herald is reporting that Creighton has decide to accept their invitation and will leave the Missouri Valley.
None of this is a surprise; we’ve known these teams would be joining.
But it looks like it’s getting close to becoming official.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)