Mar 16, 2013, 10:04 PM EDT
Temple sophomore Anthony Lee was taken to a New York-area hospital after his team’s loss to Massachusetts Friday night after suffering from concussion-like symptoms, Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer is reporting.
According to the report, Lee suffered a blow to the head but did not tell team officials about his symptoms during the game because he did not want to be sidelined. He played 16 minutes but struggled during his time on the floor with just two points on 1-of-4 shooting.
After the game, he was reportedly taken by ambulance to the hospital around 12:30 a.m. after feeling dizzy and appearing “despondent.” He was later released from the hospital. He was listed as ‘day to day’ with concussion-like symptoms, according to Nick Menta of CSNPhilly.com.
With Temple’s loss in the quarterfinals, the Owls missed out on a chance to build their NCAA tournament resume or earn an automatic bid. They will now wait it out on Selection Sunday for an at-large bid.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)