Mar 16, 2013, 10:04 PM EDT
Temple sophomore Anthony Lee was taken to a New York-area hospital after his team’s loss to Massachusetts Friday night after suffering from concussion-like symptoms, Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer is reporting.
According to the report, Lee suffered a blow to the head but did not tell team officials about his symptoms during the game because he did not want to be sidelined. He played 16 minutes but struggled during his time on the floor with just two points on 1-of-4 shooting.
After the game, he was reportedly taken by ambulance to the hospital around 12:30 a.m. after feeling dizzy and appearing “despondent.” He was later released from the hospital. He was listed as ‘day to day’ with concussion-like symptoms, according to Nick Menta of CSNPhilly.com.
With Temple’s loss in the quarterfinals, the Owls missed out on a chance to build their NCAA tournament resume or earn an automatic bid. They will now wait it out on Selection Sunday for an at-large bid.
- Former Villanova guard headed to Oregon for final season 0
- Looking Forward: Seven coaches who’ll enter 2015-16 on the ‘hot seat’ 1
- Looking Forward: The eight most intriguing coaching hires of 2015 2
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ 6
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 8
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 (8)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ (6)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (5)