Mar 16, 2013, 10:04 PM EDT
Temple sophomore Anthony Lee was taken to a New York-area hospital after his team’s loss to Massachusetts Friday night after suffering from concussion-like symptoms, Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer is reporting.
According to the report, Lee suffered a blow to the head but did not tell team officials about his symptoms during the game because he did not want to be sidelined. He played 16 minutes but struggled during his time on the floor with just two points on 1-of-4 shooting.
After the game, he was reportedly taken by ambulance to the hospital around 12:30 a.m. after feeling dizzy and appearing “despondent.” He was later released from the hospital. He was listed as ‘day to day’ with concussion-like symptoms, according to Nick Menta of CSNPhilly.com.
With Temple’s loss in the quarterfinals, the Owls missed out on a chance to build their NCAA tournament resume or earn an automatic bid. They will now wait it out on Selection Sunday for an at-large bid.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)