Mar 16, 2013, 10:04 PM EST
Temple sophomore Anthony Lee was taken to a New York-area hospital after his team’s loss to Massachusetts Friday night after suffering from concussion-like symptoms, Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer is reporting.
According to the report, Lee suffered a blow to the head but did not tell team officials about his symptoms during the game because he did not want to be sidelined. He played 16 minutes but struggled during his time on the floor with just two points on 1-of-4 shooting.
After the game, he was reportedly taken by ambulance to the hospital around 12:30 a.m. after feeling dizzy and appearing “despondent.” He was later released from the hospital. He was listed as ‘day to day’ with concussion-like symptoms, according to Nick Menta of CSNPhilly.com.
With Temple’s loss in the quarterfinals, the Owls missed out on a chance to build their NCAA tournament resume or earn an automatic bid. They will now wait it out on Selection Sunday for an at-large bid.
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 0
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 0
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 3
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)