Mar 16, 2013, 10:04 PM EST
Temple sophomore Anthony Lee was taken to a New York-area hospital after his team’s loss to Massachusetts Friday night after suffering from concussion-like symptoms, Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer is reporting.
According to the report, Lee suffered a blow to the head but did not tell team officials about his symptoms during the game because he did not want to be sidelined. He played 16 minutes but struggled during his time on the floor with just two points on 1-of-4 shooting.
After the game, he was reportedly taken by ambulance to the hospital around 12:30 a.m. after feeling dizzy and appearing “despondent.” He was later released from the hospital. He was listed as ‘day to day’ with concussion-like symptoms, according to Nick Menta of CSNPhilly.com.
With Temple’s loss in the quarterfinals, the Owls missed out on a chance to build their NCAA tournament resume or earn an automatic bid. They will now wait it out on Selection Sunday for an at-large bid.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)