Mar 16, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
Following early-season drama and the resignation of head coach Billy Gillispie, Texas Tech appears to be clearing house.
According to Nick Kosmider of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt informed members of the basketball staff that they would be let go at an 8:30 a.m. meeting Saturday. Interim coach Chris Walker is reportedly the only member being retained on staff for the time being.
From the report:
Hocutt, after briefly thanking the staff for its contributions this year, told them a search was still being conducted for a permanent head coach.
Though Walker was not relieved of duty Saturday, he has not yet been named to the permanent position, according to a source. Walker is a candidate for the job.
Texas Tech beat West Virginia in the Big 12 tournament this week, but lost to Kansas in the following round by 27. The Red Raiders finished the season 11-20, including 3-15 in Big 12 play.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)