Mar 16, 2013, 3:18 PM EST
Following early-season drama and the resignation of head coach Billy Gillispie, Texas Tech appears to be clearing house.
According to Nick Kosmider of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt informed members of the basketball staff that they would be let go at an 8:30 a.m. meeting Saturday. Interim coach Chris Walker is reportedly the only member being retained on staff for the time being.
From the report:
Hocutt, after briefly thanking the staff for its contributions this year, told them a search was still being conducted for a permanent head coach.
Though Walker was not relieved of duty Saturday, he has not yet been named to the permanent position, according to a source. Walker is a candidate for the job.
Texas Tech beat West Virginia in the Big 12 tournament this week, but lost to Kansas in the following round by 27. The Red Raiders finished the season 11-20, including 3-15 in Big 12 play.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)