Mar 16, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
Following early-season drama and the resignation of head coach Billy Gillispie, Texas Tech appears to be clearing house.
According to Nick Kosmider of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt informed members of the basketball staff that they would be let go at an 8:30 a.m. meeting Saturday. Interim coach Chris Walker is reportedly the only member being retained on staff for the time being.
From the report:
Hocutt, after briefly thanking the staff for its contributions this year, told them a search was still being conducted for a permanent head coach.
Though Walker was not relieved of duty Saturday, he has not yet been named to the permanent position, according to a source. Walker is a candidate for the job.
Texas Tech beat West Virginia in the Big 12 tournament this week, but lost to Kansas in the following round by 27. The Red Raiders finished the season 11-20, including 3-15 in Big 12 play.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)