Mar 16, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
Following early-season drama and the resignation of head coach Billy Gillispie, Texas Tech appears to be clearing house.
According to Nick Kosmider of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt informed members of the basketball staff that they would be let go at an 8:30 a.m. meeting Saturday. Interim coach Chris Walker is reportedly the only member being retained on staff for the time being.
From the report:
Hocutt, after briefly thanking the staff for its contributions this year, told them a search was still being conducted for a permanent head coach.
Though Walker was not relieved of duty Saturday, he has not yet been named to the permanent position, according to a source. Walker is a candidate for the job.
Texas Tech beat West Virginia in the Big 12 tournament this week, but lost to Kansas in the following round by 27. The Red Raiders finished the season 11-20, including 3-15 in Big 12 play.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)