Mar 16, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
Following early-season drama and the resignation of head coach Billy Gillispie, Texas Tech appears to be clearing house.
According to Nick Kosmider of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt informed members of the basketball staff that they would be let go at an 8:30 a.m. meeting Saturday. Interim coach Chris Walker is reportedly the only member being retained on staff for the time being.
From the report:
Hocutt, after briefly thanking the staff for its contributions this year, told them a search was still being conducted for a permanent head coach.
Though Walker was not relieved of duty Saturday, he has not yet been named to the permanent position, according to a source. Walker is a candidate for the job.
Texas Tech beat West Virginia in the Big 12 tournament this week, but lost to Kansas in the following round by 27. The Red Raiders finished the season 11-20, including 3-15 in Big 12 play.
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4