Mar 17, 2013, 11:48 PM EDT
Just in time for their NCAA tournament game against N.C. State on Friday, Temple learned that a key piece will be able to play after having to be checked into the hospital this weekend.
Sophomore forward Anthony Lee, who was admitted to a hospital on Friday night after passing out in the locker room following the Owls’ 79-74 loss to Massachusetts, has been cleared to return to the court.
Lee was released from a Brooklyn-area hospital on Saturday, and after undergoing concussion tests at Temple University Hospital it was determined that he did not suffer a concussion.
“There was no sign of a concussion,” Lee said. “Just a lot of blows up to my head I was taking in practice and then the game just kind of took its toll on me.
“It was just a combination of headaches I had. Throughout the week I had sinus issues, and my head was just bothering me a little bit. The [combination] of the running and all of that just kind of overwhelmed me at the end of the game.”
Lee averages 10.0 points and 7.0 rebounds per game for the Owls, who need his interior presence against an N.C. State team led inside by senior Richard Howell and junior C.J. Leslie. Those two combine to average 27.4 points and 18.1 rebounds per game, with Howell (12.7 ppg, 10.7 rpg) being one of just two players in the ACC averaging a double-double (Duke’s Mason Plumlee).
With that in mind players such as Lee, Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson and Scootie Randall will need to play well if the Owls are to advance.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)