Mar 17, 2013, 11:48 PM EDT
Just in time for their NCAA tournament game against N.C. State on Friday, Temple learned that a key piece will be able to play after having to be checked into the hospital this weekend.
Sophomore forward Anthony Lee, who was admitted to a hospital on Friday night after passing out in the locker room following the Owls’ 79-74 loss to Massachusetts, has been cleared to return to the court.
Lee was released from a Brooklyn-area hospital on Saturday, and after undergoing concussion tests at Temple University Hospital it was determined that he did not suffer a concussion.
“There was no sign of a concussion,” Lee said. “Just a lot of blows up to my head I was taking in practice and then the game just kind of took its toll on me.
“It was just a combination of headaches I had. Throughout the week I had sinus issues, and my head was just bothering me a little bit. The [combination] of the running and all of that just kind of overwhelmed me at the end of the game.”
Lee averages 10.0 points and 7.0 rebounds per game for the Owls, who need his interior presence against an N.C. State team led inside by senior Richard Howell and junior C.J. Leslie. Those two combine to average 27.4 points and 18.1 rebounds per game, with Howell (12.7 ppg, 10.7 rpg) being one of just two players in the ACC averaging a double-double (Duke’s Mason Plumlee).
With that in mind players such as Lee, Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson and Scootie Randall will need to play well if the Owls are to advance.
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)