Mar 17, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
At no time in the history of the ACC has a team that won both the league’s regular season and tournament title been left off of the No. 1 seed line.
Miami won the ACC outright. After knocking off North Carolina 85-77 in the ACC tournament title game, the Hurricanes took home an improbable duel-ACC title.
But will that be enough to get them a No. 1 seed?
Well, I don’t think so. I doubt they will even be the highest-seeded team from the ACC. That honor will go to Duke, who stockpiled some ridiculous wins back in November and December and who lost their first game of the season with a healthy Ryan Kelly on Thursday in the ACC quarterfinals.
The Blue Devils were the best team in the country before Kelly was hurt, and they beat Miami (and home and by three, I know) once Kelly came back.
That means that the Hurricanes are going to have to jump up past one of the other potential No. 1 seeds, a tough thing to do with you look at the losses they have against Florida-Gulf Coast, Indiana State, Wake Forest and Georgia Tech.
Do they have a better profile that Louisville? The Cardinals won a share of the Big East regular season title and the Big East tournament title. Do they have a better profile than Indiana, the Big Ten’s outright champions? Can they be seeded higher than Kansas? Or Gonzaga? Or Georgetown? Or New Mexico?
Our Dave Ommen had Louisville, Indiana, Duke and Gonzaga as No. 1 seeds heading into the day.
Do you think that’s still accurate?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
Sep 16, 2014, 4:44 PM EDT
The five-star recruit decommitted from Louisville, and what it has to do with shoe companies.
Sep 16, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
There are also a limited number of ugly road weeks.
Sep 16, 2014, 11:52 AM EDT
Wojcik was fired with cause for allegedly abusing his players.
Sep 16, 2014, 10:54 AM EDT
Mudiays $1.2 million deal with a team in China will now be significantly supplemented.
Sep 16, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
Have you ever seen ‘Goodfellas’? You’ll recognize one of the main players in this story.
Sep 16, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Ivan Rabb is one of the best centers in the country.
Sep 15, 2014, 10:33 PM EDT
Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney has opened it back up.
Sep 15, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
The Bearcats added a 2015 recruit on Monday night.
Sep 15, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Kansas begins a two-week Boot Camp today.
Sep 15, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Shaquille Johnson is in trouble at his new home.
Sep 15, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Things are getting interesting between the Pitinos as we get closer to the Minnesota and Louisville game.
Sep 15, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Florida International had some bad luck over the weekend.
Sep 15, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Charlotte head coach Alan Major has returned to the team.
CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board
Sep 15, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
News and notes from around the world of college basketball recruiting.
Sep 15, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
Brown is a 6-foot-7 powerhouse that has drawn some comparisons to Stanley Johnson.
Sep 15, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
It’s the second recruit UCLA has lost this week.
Sep 15, 2014, 1:55 PM EDT
The NCAA is trying to improve their ability to apply common sense to rules interpretations.
Sep 15, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
They’ll be out there for six full days. To get tickets to watch a practice.
Sep 15, 2014, 12:32 PM EDT
Avery Harriman continues his third battle with leukemia.
Sep 15, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
It was less a shot at Coach K than it was a shot at USA Basketball.
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and a decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 3
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (3)