Mar 18, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
After a season full of injuries plaguing his team, now Kevin Willard is losing one of his best players for good.
Aaron Cosby, one of the Pirates’ leading scorers and one of the few bright spots in an otherwise disappointing season, will transfer, this according to Sports Illustrated Pete Thamel.
Aaron Cosby is transferring from Seton Hall. Tough blow for that program moving forward.—
Pete Thamel (@SIPeteThamel) March 18, 2013
Cosby, who is originally from Louisville, Ky. but spent his final season of prep ball at Northfield-Mount Hermon Academy, averaged 12.6 points per game as sophomore this season. Willard is a former assistant under Rick Pitino at Louisville.
This is a serious blow for Willard and Seton Hall for the future. Cosby was a steady presence after returning from a preseason knee injury that kept him out several games.
The 6-2, 190-pound Cosby was at his best in big games recently. He scored 22 points in the Pirates’ loss to Syracuse in the Big East Conference second round and 21 in their win over Villanova on Feb. 25.
It’ll be interesting to see the list of suitors for Cosby, who has proven to be a high-major talent.
Folow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 5
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)