Mar 18, 2013, 12:09 AM EST
Now that the first set of pairings are out there, the teams (duh), now we get the pairings of the guys who will be calling their games.
CBS Sports/Turner Sports released the broadcasting teams and their games for the first three rounds.
The action gets kicked off with the First Four games, with Marv Albert and Steve Kerr on the call first, with Craig Sager — and his swagged out suits — on the sidelines reporting. They’ll call the first set of First Round games of (16) North Carolina A&T/(16) Liberty game (at 6:40 p.m. EST) and (11) Middle Tennessee State/(11) St. Mary’s afterward, on Tuesday in Dayton.
Jim Nantz and Clark Kellogg with take the second day of First Round games on Wednesday, beginning with (16) LIU-Brooklyn/(16) James Madison at 6:40 p.m. EST, with (11) Boise State/(11) La Salle following. Tracy Wolfson will serve as the sideline reporter. Rachel Nichols will also make her NCAA Tournament debut in the second round (ahem, first round) game featuring Valparaiso and Michigan State.
Here’s all of the second round game dates, times and announcers (all times EST), broken down by region. All games with no time will follow the game ahead of them.
Auburn Hills, Mich. — Verne Lundquist/Bill Raftery/Rachel Nichols
Games: March 21, 12:15 p.m. (3) Michigan State v. (14) Valparaiso; (6) Memphis v. (11) Winner of Middle Tennessee State/St. Mary’s.
Lexington, Ky. — Ian Eagle/Jim Spanarkel/Allie LaForce
Games: March 21, 6:50 p.m. (1) Louisville v. (16) Winner of North Carolina A&T/Liberty; (8) Colorado State v. (9) Missouri.
Philadelphia, Pa. — Kevin Harlan/Len Elmore/Reggie Miller/Lewis Johnson
Games: March 22, 2:10 p.m. (4) St. Louis v. (13) New Mexico State; (5) Oklahoma State v. (12) Oregon
San Jose, Calif. — Brian Anderson/Dan Bonner/Marty Snider
Games: March 21, 12:15 p.m. (2) Duke v. (15) Albany; (7) Creighton v. (10) Cincinnati
Salt Lake City — Spero Dedes/Doug Gottlieb/Jamie Maggio
Games: March 21, 1:40 p.m. (8) Pittsburgh v. (9) Wichita State; (1) Gonzaga v. (16) Southern
Kansas City — Marv Albert/Steve Kerr/Craig Sager
Games: March 22, 12:40 p.m. (5) Wisconsin v. (12) Ole Miss; (4) Kansas State v. (13) Winner of La Salle/Boise State
Dayton, Ohio — Jim Nantz/Clark Kellogg/Tracy Wolfson
Games: March 22, 7:15 p.m. (2) Ohio State v. (15) Iona; (7) Notre Dame v. (10) Iowa State
Dayton — Nantz/Kellogg/Wolfson
Games: March 22, 1:40 p.m. (8) North Carolina State v. (9) Temple; (1) Indiana v. (16) Winner of LIU-Brooklyn/James Madison
San Jose – Anderson/Bonner/Snider
Games: March 21, 7:27 p.m. (5) UNLV v. (12) California; (4) Syracuse v. (13) Montana
Lexington — Eagle/Spanarkal/LaForce
Games: March 21, 12:40 p.m. (6) Butler v. (11) Bucknell; (3) Marquette v. (14) Davidson
Austin — Tim Brando/Mike Gminski/Otis Livingston
Games: March 22, 2:10 p.m (2) Miami v. (15) Pacific; (7) Illinois v. (10) Colorado
Kansas City — Albert/Kerr/Sager
Games: March 22, 7:20 p.m. (8) North Carolina v. (9) Villanova; (1) Kansas v. (16) Western Kentucky
Austin — Brando/Gminski/Livingston
Games: March 22, 7:27 p.m. (3) Florida v. (14) Northwestern State; (6) UCLA v. (11) Minnesota
Auburn Hills, Ill. — Lundquist/Raftery/Nichols
Games: March 21, 7:15 p.m. (4) Michigan v. (13) South Dakota State; (5) VCU v. (12) Akron
Philadelphia — Harlan/ Elmore/Miller/Johnson
Games: March 22, 6:50 p.m. (2) Georgetown v. (15) Florida Gulf Coast; (7) San Diego State v. (10) Oklahoma
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 11
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Syracuse upsets No. 8 Notre Dame in an inspired ACC road effort 0
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)