Mar 18, 2013, 12:09 AM EDT
Now that the first set of pairings are out there, the teams (duh), now we get the pairings of the guys who will be calling their games.
CBS Sports/Turner Sports released the broadcasting teams and their games for the first three rounds.
The action gets kicked off with the First Four games, with Marv Albert and Steve Kerr on the call first, with Craig Sager — and his swagged out suits — on the sidelines reporting. They’ll call the first set of First Round games of (16) North Carolina A&T/(16) Liberty game (at 6:40 p.m. EST) and (11) Middle Tennessee State/(11) St. Mary’s afterward, on Tuesday in Dayton.
Jim Nantz and Clark Kellogg with take the second day of First Round games on Wednesday, beginning with (16) LIU-Brooklyn/(16) James Madison at 6:40 p.m. EST, with (11) Boise State/(11) La Salle following. Tracy Wolfson will serve as the sideline reporter. Rachel Nichols will also make her NCAA Tournament debut in the second round (ahem, first round) game featuring Valparaiso and Michigan State.
Here’s all of the second round game dates, times and announcers (all times EST), broken down by region. All games with no time will follow the game ahead of them.
Auburn Hills, Mich. — Verne Lundquist/Bill Raftery/Rachel Nichols
Games: March 21, 12:15 p.m. (3) Michigan State v. (14) Valparaiso; (6) Memphis v. (11) Winner of Middle Tennessee State/St. Mary’s.
Lexington, Ky. — Ian Eagle/Jim Spanarkel/Allie LaForce
Games: March 21, 6:50 p.m. (1) Louisville v. (16) Winner of North Carolina A&T/Liberty; (8) Colorado State v. (9) Missouri.
Philadelphia, Pa. — Kevin Harlan/Len Elmore/Reggie Miller/Lewis Johnson
Games: March 22, 2:10 p.m. (4) St. Louis v. (13) New Mexico State; (5) Oklahoma State v. (12) Oregon
San Jose, Calif. — Brian Anderson/Dan Bonner/Marty Snider
Games: March 21, 12:15 p.m. (2) Duke v. (15) Albany; (7) Creighton v. (10) Cincinnati
Salt Lake City — Spero Dedes/Doug Gottlieb/Jamie Maggio
Games: March 21, 1:40 p.m. (8) Pittsburgh v. (9) Wichita State; (1) Gonzaga v. (16) Southern
Kansas City — Marv Albert/Steve Kerr/Craig Sager
Games: March 22, 12:40 p.m. (5) Wisconsin v. (12) Ole Miss; (4) Kansas State v. (13) Winner of La Salle/Boise State
Dayton, Ohio — Jim Nantz/Clark Kellogg/Tracy Wolfson
Games: March 22, 7:15 p.m. (2) Ohio State v. (15) Iona; (7) Notre Dame v. (10) Iowa State
Dayton — Nantz/Kellogg/Wolfson
Games: March 22, 1:40 p.m. (8) North Carolina State v. (9) Temple; (1) Indiana v. (16) Winner of LIU-Brooklyn/James Madison
San Jose – Anderson/Bonner/Snider
Games: March 21, 7:27 p.m. (5) UNLV v. (12) California; (4) Syracuse v. (13) Montana
Lexington — Eagle/Spanarkal/LaForce
Games: March 21, 12:40 p.m. (6) Butler v. (11) Bucknell; (3) Marquette v. (14) Davidson
Austin — Tim Brando/Mike Gminski/Otis Livingston
Games: March 22, 2:10 p.m (2) Miami v. (15) Pacific; (7) Illinois v. (10) Colorado
Kansas City — Albert/Kerr/Sager
Games: March 22, 7:20 p.m. (8) North Carolina v. (9) Villanova; (1) Kansas v. (16) Western Kentucky
Austin — Brando/Gminski/Livingston
Games: March 22, 7:27 p.m. (3) Florida v. (14) Northwestern State; (6) UCLA v. (11) Minnesota
Auburn Hills, Ill. — Lundquist/Raftery/Nichols
Games: March 21, 7:15 p.m. (4) Michigan v. (13) South Dakota State; (5) VCU v. (12) Akron
Philadelphia — Harlan/ Elmore/Miller/Johnson
Games: March 22, 6:50 p.m. (2) Georgetown v. (15) Florida Gulf Coast; (7) San Diego State v. (10) Oklahoma
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 5
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 9
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 4
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- More than 200,000 UConn fans show up for parade in Hartford (VIDEO/PHOTOS) 0
- Duke’s Jabari Parker will discuss options with Mike Krzyzewski next week 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (8)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)